Home Forums General Discussion Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peachy
    Participant

I have a question , I have been reading stories on this website and lots of the stories states , it got worse before it got better. Can someone explain it what does that means ? Thank you so much in advance !

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Peachy;
    Since AP takes time to kick in the disease still progresses,to a point.Add the lovely herx that most people get and it can be hell for several months.If I added up all the days I herxed they would total up to a couple,maybe 3 years.Many SDers do not herx but I had,maybe still have Lyme so each time I had to add a second or third antibiotic it would happen,change the dose and it would happen.Thank god that’s all past history.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Hi Peachy, I’m sure others will chime in here but here’s some info for you. Check out #20 on this page here. https://www.roadback.org/faqs/?faq-category=35 It talks about the “Herx” reaction.

As for me, I didn’t so much get worse per se…I was in pretty bad shape already when I found AP. What happened is that I had these periods of 2 steps forward, 1 step back…It was like throwing a pebble in a pond…the waves happen and then slowly over time they settle down….but even during the settling down there are still waves. So my “journey back” was not a straight line…it was better then worse then better then worse then better then worse but every better was better than the last better and every worse was less worse than the last worse. That’s the best I can describe it. I hope this helps. I’m sure others will share their experiences.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

CMS12
    Participant

Hi Peachy – Whaleharbor explained it quite well. My experience was that I got better for a couple of weeks then worse. I stayed worse for many months. It can get bad enough that you want to give up, but then a day will come when you notice one joint, ache, restriction, is better. Then you’ll have another day so you’ll keep going and after awhile (9-12 months for me) you’ll wake up and the stiffness and pain will be almost gone. It is worth the long haul. Keep posting and reading. The more you know the more likely you’ll be successful.

Cindy

Peachy
    Participant

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for the response !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.