Home Forums General Discussion Pyoderma Gangrenosum

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vinny
    Participant

I continue to do well on just Minocycline on M,W,F,Sun although recently having some problem with right shoulder and hip pain. I have had a small lump on my right leg for months/years which I paid little attention to. Recently it has swollen up and inlarged to over 2 inches. The GP said it was a cyst and he could remove it. Pyoderma Gangrenosum is common with some autoimmune diseases and was wondering if their is any experience on this board.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Vinny,

Always nice to see you post, though sorry to hear about your bout with Pyoderma Gangrenosum. I did a little search on the forum, as I recalled reading about this, but it seems no one has posted about this here, so it must have been some other source.

My best lay guess is that this skin condition is gut-related, just going by the small amount of research I’ve done (largely affects folks with crohns/ulcerative colitis, which speaks to gut involvement…also seems prevalent with PsA) and and that diet and healing leaky gut should play a role in reversing/preventing this from occurring again. I hope John Merchant (DragonSlayer) sees your post, because I have a feeling he will probably have some good input on this for you.

If you have any trouble with healing the lesion, a referral for hyperbaric oxygen therapy should help, but hopefully sticking to a starch-free, gluten and sugar-free diet will help, too.

Let us know what you figure out, Vinny, with your researches. Hope something here may provide some leads for you and that someone else may see this and be able to share some personal experience with you.

Be well!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.