Home Forums General Discussion Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field Therapy(PEMF) Fact or Hoax???

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cookie
    Participant

I have been diagnosed with RA since 2005. The only damage I have is in my wrist which is constantly swollen and at times painful. I recently read about PEMF. Has anyone tried this treatment for inflamation and pain? Did it work or is it a hoax. Would love your feedback. Thank you.

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

KyPeach
    Participant

I have some experience with Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field Therapy. Note – I didn’t know what it was when I first tried it. I first used an Ondamed System at my MD’s office. They ran a diagnostic program which said I had a blood infection. Anyway, after the diagnostic, the machine ran through a “repair” program specifically for my body using the data obtained by the diagnostic program. All of this took less that 45 minutes. I really didn’t understand anything about this machine. My MD said he would try it and if it worked for me I might want to continue to use it. I left the office feeling wonderful! Swelling came down in my hands, my ankles didn’t hurt for a change, my knees worked without pain or popping. I had a better attitude and felt mentally sharper than I had for a while. This lasted 4 days and then it was back to regular old me. I have used it a few more times. I felt good each time for a few days (although not as good as the first time). The problem is my doctor is about 2.5 hours from where I live. There is no Ondamed around where I live and this limits my usage. I tried another version of the therapy that was closer to home. I didn’t feel anything from that system, but strangely enough I did get several compliments later that day saying I looked better and had more color than I’d had for a while.

What kind of therapy are you considering?

cookie
    Participant

Hi KyPeach.

Thanks for the information. I don’t know much about this therapy but my AP has a system and I’ll find out about it during my next visit. I’ll keep the Ondamed System in mind and hopefully he has this system. I’ll let you know if I do decide to try this therapy and my outcome.

Thank you

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

Tlpitts
    Participant

You might also want to try B6 for your wrist works great to stop pain in wrist wish it worked on other joints. Let us all know about the magnet therapy good luck

cookie
    Participant

Hi: Thanks for your suggestion. What dosage of B6 would stop my wrist pain. I do take B vitamins along with others regularly.

C

Marybeth
    Participant

I did Frequency Specific Microcurrent with my nutritionist. They ran a program to target specific problems. I went a few times and felt like it helped some. This was before I started AP. I wasn’t bold over by the effects and the price was on the high side, not covered by insurance. If I really thought it was making a difference, I might have continued.

Google the treatment and see what others say. You might give it a try and see if it helps. I also take B 6, magnesium (Natural Calm) and Osteo Bi-Flex with 5-Loxin advanced double strength. My wrists seem to have improved. But with caution, it is hard to pinpoint what is exactly helping when I am taking other supplements too. But I won’t give up anything right now as I am feeling pretty well.

Tlpitts
    Participant

Take 200-300mg everyday works great.

cookie
    Participant

Hi Marybeth: I’m glad that you are feeling well. RA can take its toll on us and anytime we feel well is a bonus. Thanks for the list of vitamins etc. that you take. I’ll look into them for sure.

Cookie

cookie
    Participant

Hi Teresa: Thank you for the dosage on B6. I’ll have to purchase a separate B6 as my complex B vitamin states that the B6 is only 17 mg. It’s worth a try. Thanks again.

Cookie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.