Home Forums General Discussion Proof APers were way ahead of the game

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    Participant

Daughter: Can you buy some gut health gummies? Gut health is very in right now.

Me: They’re probiotics. You have been taking them for like 17 years.

Daughter: Ohhhhhhhh

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Sue;
    Of course we are ahead.I have not had to take any antibiotic in the last 8 months.It’s as if my SD gave up the fight.I felt fine and skipped the doxy for a day then a few more and then totally forgot to take any….and nothing happened.
    I remember your early posts,man were you stressed out.How is she doing now and dare I ask….how old is she ? Time just seems to fly.

Suzanne
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

I’m so glad to hear you so are doing so well! It’s hard to believe but my daughter will be turning 20 this year! She also misses doses quite frequently now that she is off at school and in charge of it herself. She claims she doesn’t, but the supply we have built up tells a different story :). She goes to the doctor by herself now and is starting to understand what I went through all those years. “They said I didn’t take azithromycin and I must have the name of what I really take wrong”, “They acted like I was crazy!”, etc. Oh well. She is doing so well, the rheumatologist only wants to see her once a year and it’s been that way for a few years now. I would have never dreamed that was possible from what they were telling me in the beginning.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

bonnielou
    Keymaster

It is so nice to see this post Suzanne — what a gift that your daughter has done so well. I have been watching your posts for many years, but also didn’t quite process how much time has passed. 20! Thanks for posting this update.

best, Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Suzanne
    Participant

Hi Bonnie, it is great to hear from you! I try to check in from time to time, and it is always reassuring to see familiar names still doing great and still providing invaluable support. I’m so glad I trusted my instincts all those years ago. I got beat up for it and it wasn’t an easy path by any means, but it was the right one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.