Home Forums General Discussion Probiotics,a little info for newbies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

A friend of yours highly recommends you read this health article: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/07/05/probiotics-found-to-help-your-gut-s-immune-system.aspx?source=nl

Hi Kids;
        Here is a little info that might help the newbies.I get a lot of info from the Dr. Mercola site.Some is good and some is a bit far fetched but this is a “good one”
       Sorry not to be around the computer lately.My business keeps me hopping and by the time  we have supper and clean up it is already 10p.m and I am just too pooped to turn the darn thing on.Orchids all need repotting this time of year and at least 10 of the 16 thousand have grown so big that they must be devided.Any volunteers???? hehehe

Patti D
    Participant

Oh my gosh!

I would be totally in on the orchid repotting.

A fellow dirt lover!

Patti

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Patti;
         Orchids are epiphytes or lithophytes so I use chopped coconut  and lava rock.Let me tell you that they are really hard on the skin.Talk about dermabrasion!!!! Now if you want dirt I have 3000sq.ft of flower beds whose irisis need cutting back,the peonies.poppies,early lilies and lupins need deadheading.and the whole darn thing needs weeding.In the summer my days start at 07:00 and end at 19:00 when I start supper and the housework.I need a slave!!! Take a peek at a few plants at
    http://www.exoticorchidsplus.ca
      Nothing like crawling around in the dirt and grass clippings to make you fel soooooo good.My sister is a chronic gardner also and we both find that our finger nails are super as long as we are in the dirt but once autumn comes they are back to their old crummy selves.Have you ever noticed a difference.    Lynne

Patti D
    Participant

Wow Lynne!!!

I am in absolute heaven:cool: I am a fellow gardener and have over 1 acre here  of pern. and also have lake property with a restored water front of native woodland & water plants. I have never grown orchids as I am afraid to try them as I think they can be over watered real easy. Your irises are gorgeous as well.  We had a 500 year flood 3 weeks ago, not to good for the RA but I survived and all of my irises did too. A lot of plants didn't make it , but I will wait and see as they seem well rooted, just dead on top. Now you mention deadheading- something I love to do when I am feeling sorry for myself:D I did not like deadheading all of my plants that were set to bloom in June but were a shriveled up mess from the 3 feet of water covering them. The roses made it too-go figure. How do you do it all? It is so hard as I am used to working all day, coming home and gardening and on my days off being in the garden 12-14 hours. Not any more:( Until I get this RA under control, (it's been 6 months now on antibiotics) I can only make it around 3 hours or so with a couple of good breaks. I am also real jumpy about the lyme as that is how I started out. I am a little tick paranoid but will continue to not let this get the best of me. I enjoy your posts. Thanks for all of the great information.

Happy days & Happy gardening,

Patti

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Probiotics,a little info for newbies’ is closed to new replies.