Home Forums General Discussion PROBIOTICS NEEDED?????

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pauyen
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

I am definitely on probiotics. And, with what I now have learned about gut health, I would be on a good probiotic as a preventive even if I was still on the MWF mono regime. As Richie has said, much easier to prevent than treat. Lynnie

Those probiotics, are they what the Dr ordered or did you choose to do it yourself?

Natropath in Melb said she thought probiotics were a marketing gimmick and she doesnt believe them neccessary (words to that effect). And to anywho who dont know…yes she is into AP.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Those probiotics, are they what the Dr ordered or did you choose to do it yourself?

Paul – it was my decision. I find that, on the rare occasions when I ingest gluten or dairy inadvertently, they help bring my gut back on track (so to speak) and were certainly useful when I had lots of gut issues after my liver crisis. Now, I use them as a preventive – I’d rather be safe than sorry. However, I cant offer a definitive counter-argument, except to say that LW is in the camp of small doses of abx on 2/3 days p.w., so perhaps they are not so necessary then. I certainly think they are a good idea for anyone on high and/or combined doses of abx and think even conventional medicos would tend to agree there. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Pauyen
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Interesting discussion.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.