Home Forums General Discussion Private Disability Insurance or Life Insurance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TrustingGod
    Participant

Hello,

Has anyone been able to get private disability insurance or life insurance with RA?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi;
    I have Scleroderma and joined the Scleroderma Foundation site.They have a bulletin board similar to ours and there is a post there made by JoY 120 It has many ,many pages so if you want to read it start with the newer page,i.e the last one.I am sure your answer is there and if not just pretend you have SD and ask this question.You will have to joi to use the bulletin board I think

Uptowngirl
    Participant

I believe that you are asking about purchasing the policies, not about making a claim. As a disability attorney I will tell you that everything is available for a price. I believe that most disability policies will exclude a pre-existing condition. We are now working on purchasing life insurance for my husband who has Type I diabetes but who maintains great blood sugar levels and has no complications. Some of the prices are astronomical and we would be better of just saving money religiously. However, we did finally find a reasonable policy. We are not going to buy as much coverage as we would if rates were better. He had great coverage through an employer but when he changed jobs, the price to continue that policy was insane.

Reactive Arthritis/ Adult Rheumatic Fever due to strep throat. History of probable Lyme disease. Current medication: Amoxicillin and supplements. Daughter of the late Richie (scleroderma and AP patient for 19 years).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.