Home Forums General Discussion Pregnancy and Lyme Disease

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

I found this article when I was doing some research on Lyme Disease. Since the topic seems like a particularly important one, I thought I'd post a link to it.

Pregnancy and Lyme Disease

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

Phil, thanks for sharing this important article. If you've seen Under Our Skin, there are two mothers who share their stories of Lyme and passing it to their children (see video clip link below). Of course, the mainstream is denying this possibility, but Lyme is like syphilis, which is passed cross-placentally to the fetus and it just makes no scientific sense to rule this out. The IDSA has chosen not to look at “anecdotal” cases and yet the only evidence-based medicine they do look at is their own or that which agrees with their own. They are also blocking other researchers from receiving funding for Lyme research and being the “peers” in the peer-reviewed medical journals, are rejecting any research that contradicts their own (see second link).

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/watch/under_our_skin/

http://www.myleftnutmeg.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=8493

A beloved LLMD (an OB/Gyne who had severe Lyme and also his wife) in TX was just targeted and had to take early retirement as a result of treating a young woman for Lyme who was desperate to get pregnant in spite of his warnings against doing so until she was in remission. She chose to ignore this advice and moved to a new OB/gyne who then requested her files, discovered that she'd been on longterm abx for her Lyme and then reported this doc to the TX health board. This is the “state of play” right now…and it's a very uneven playing field. :doh:

Peace, Maz

PetRescue
    Participant

Perfect timing to come out with this Phil. Thanks! I am scared to death of Lyme myself, and even more so for any future generations I bring in to this world. Knowledge is power though.

And thank you Maz for posting the accompanying video. I have got to finally see that documentary. When doing my research, I could only find info about women who were first infected with Lyme while pregnant. I'm not sure why chronic lyme is not addressed. But maybe because chronic lyme is denied itself.

So sad to hear of the doc in TX. Now patients like me won't be able to get the care I need due to unnecessary political and financial warfare.

~jen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Pregnancy and Lyme Disease’ is closed to new replies.