Home Forums General Discussion Prednisone replacements?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

I read recently on earthclinic.com that these powerful herbs could be used as prednisone replacements. I know many would like to try something in place of prednisone. I checked on the first one…if interested, you can check the rest.

Reishi: Do you suffer from muscle aches or arthritis? Dr. William B. Stavinhoa of the University of Texas Health Science Center found that reishi is as powerful as five milligrams of hydrocortisone, but with minimal side effects.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/021498.html

Chaga mushroom
    Agaricus mushrooms
    American Ginseng
    Ashwagandha

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

laurawm
    Participant

Thanks, Trudi – I’ll give this a try – I need more anti-inflamatories. Has anyone else tried the reishi mushroom supplement?

Laura

Davit
    Participant

Trudi

I like mushrooms, I could live on them, even thought of growing them. Did you try Reishi?

Davit

laurawm
    Participant

Hi Trudi and Davit,

I am on the end of my third week trying Reishi (brand – Host Defense 3g daily) and it has not made a dramatic difference in my herx response. I felt when first beginning the supplement that it did provide some added anti-inflamatory effect. I do not plan to buy it again right away, so if I can tell a significant difference coming off of it, I’ll add a note here.

Laura

Trudi
    Participant

@Davit wrote:

Did you try Reishi?

Hi Davit–
    I like mushrooms, too. No, I did not try the Reishi mushroom.
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.