Home Forums General Discussion posting on the new Board

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I have posted this on Old Board and thought I'd post here also.

The Board looks good “>[/size]

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

The new board looks great.  So many thanks to our wonderful volunteers for their untold hours and sleepless nights.  Ya done good!  

If this post goes through then I will have successfully registered 😉 — no small task for a cumputer dummy and it was not at all hard to do.  So, come on over all you RBFers… 

Rose
    Participant

Me too, I'm 70 so started late with computers, so where do we put things such as Rose RA 8yrs. (as we used to do on the old BB), when we are posting?  At the beginning of our message or the end, and what is that file down below that says browse used for?  Sorry as I said got started late with using computers.  Also I live in Virginia how do I post that for location?  Rose 

casey
    Participant

Simple is BEST!! I agree Lynnie.

Casey

A Friend
    Participant

Lynnie, All,

Many of us may have no experience using this type board.  Your suggestions sound good.  However, we may need a little instruction to help us be more efficient with our posting on this board. 

I know John McD is knowledgeable in the use of a  similar board, so he and the other RBF Volunteers (God bless them all!) may want to help us… or point us to where we may take the “course” to use it better. 

Suzanne
    Participant

Suggestion – go up to My Account, then select Edit Profile.  At the bottom, you can fill in the Signature Line with your info.  It will post every time, so you don't have to do it except once.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Jennhere
    Participant

Rose- You click on “My Account” at the top of the page.  Then you click on “Profile”.. or “My Profile”.  Then you'll see where you can post your location.  Just fiddle around.  You'll find there's all sorts of things you can manipulate! 

I found a button to “customize” my page.  The page I had when I registered was a dark green- I found it difficult to see well.  I was resigned to that when I suddenly hit a button that allowed me three choices of board colors.  One is the dark green ( couldn't see it well:shock:), one is stark white  (too blinding for my eyes:cool:) and one was a muted grey background with green borders… JUST RIGHT :Dfor my eyes!

Hope this helps!

Jenn

BarbK
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

As I posted previously, I so agree with you, namely that the old board was sooo easy to navigate.   For me this is particularly unfamiliar, because I never went on other boards, blogs, etc. – only had the “old” RBF. 

So, everybody posting under one topic only would be helpful for me, too.

Oh, well – – – –

John McDonald
    Participant

The good bit about the old BB is seeing everything at once, in a glance. The bad bit is when a thread aged it became too much bother to scroll down so far to find it again. This software separtes the threads a little too well for that global glance. But if someone refreshes a thread it pops right to the top again, so we don't miss anything new.

Also, if you have the right kind of web browser such as MS explorer, you get indications at the topics level on the left, of icon color, icon mouse-over messages, and arrows that tell you if there is a new post or not. That can be handy.

Here is something really cool. You can very easily see if any other member is in your backyard by clicking on the city or state link under a member. You can bring up a map of the USA by navigating that and locate members all over the place. I don't recall how it works for international members. I don't think there is a world map, but you can quickly find the members in the United Kindom, for instance. I love that feature.  For instance, here are the members in Texas: http://www.rbfbb.org/view_user.php?region=Texas&country=USA

(I edited the post to add that link)

A Friend
    Participant

John,

That's great to see us by state …. there are enough of us in Texas already (and not too far apart) to have a party.  If we do, all of you are invited!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

John there is no doubt that there are many cool features in this new format:cool::cool::cool: I guess what I am concerned about is the medium overpowering the message.
    My tabling a suggestion about keeping all posts under General Discussion came from my having walked away from other Boards that became too complex, layered and time consuming. There is no doubt that we needed to bring this baby into the 21st century……….I'm just making a plea that we find a way to somehow translate the simplicity and accessibility that made RB BB the best IMHO. 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Admin

Lynn, Keep an eye on it. If we never get past the features and back to simplicity then blow your whistle. We will find some software somewhere that will be simple and effective if this doesn't suit. The point is to beat these damned diseases.  But we don't mind enjoying some community along the way.

Jennhere
    Participant

The site celiac.com has a nice format.  It's not confusing.  Is that how this board will break down?  With category topics and little sub-categories inside each topic.  Goodness— that's difficult to explain.  I hope I'm making sense.:?

Admin

Jennhere says:

The site http://www.celiac.com has a nice format.  It's not confusing.  Is that how this board will break down?  With category topics and little sub-categories inside each topic.  Goodness

I took a look at their forum Jenn. It looks similar to this software, probably based on PHPBB open source software. I think this forum will come to look like that one.

Manda
    Participant

Except that it has 27 different discussion areas?? Eek.. I hope we have only a few.. (or one)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘ posting on the new Board’ is closed to new replies.