Home Forums General Discussion Poo Pills

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi All;
    I don’t know how many Canadians saw the late night news 2 evenings ago,this is absolutely marvelous.Watch the video
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/fecal-transplants-in-a-capsule-may-be-as-effective-as-those-delivered-by-colonoscopy-study-1.3697446

Maz
    Keymaster

From the article:

“These fecal capsules are a convenient way of restoring the gut microbiome,” the Calgary doctor told CTV News.

Dr. Borody, a GI doc in Sydney, Australia, has found that by restoring a patient’s gut microbiome, autoimmunity can be reversed. Read about RA patient whose disease went into remission with FMT:

Doctor Tom Borody claims faecal transplants curing incurable diseases like Crohn’s

Controversially, Professor Borody believes the gut is the gateway for toxins to enter the body, triggering an array of seemingly unrelated diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson’s and autism.

He says he has been surprised many times when diseases far from the gut have eased or vanished following faecal microbiota transplantations.

“We’ve had a young person with rheumatoid arthritis and it went away. It was classic rheumatoid factor positive RA,” he said.

Veterinarians have been performing FMT on cattle since the beginning of time. It’s time this was studied for all autoimmunity. As Hippocrates knew, centuries ago, “All disease begins in the gut.”

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

In Norway it seems they are using this for SD,or so I have heard.Will let you know what I find out as soon as I have time

Lynne G.SD
    Participant
    Kat0605
    Participant

So here is my question: could we be killing the bad scleroderma-causing bacteria in our guts with AP and replacing it with good bacteria when we use probiotics? One very TMI anecdote:I’ve noticed that for years that my stools have always floated- no matter what I ate. When I started to feel sick and was researching what could possibly be wrong with me, I came across information that this is not normal and could be caused by bacteria imbalances. I mentioned it to a GI Dr and primary Dr and both shrugged their shoulders. Since I started on minocycline and maybe even after I started azithromycin, my stools do not float. I wonder if that has anything to do with me feeling better.

Symptoms started in 9/16 after 2 miscarriages, diagnosed with Lyme 4/17, Daughter born 6/17 (not breastfeeding). ANA negative by IFA as of 8/17, positive by ELISA with positive Anti-DSDNA antibodies the same month (false positive?). Symptoms that have come and gone include sicca and skin tightening and telangiactiasia. Currently dealing with migraines, arthralgia, morning stiffness, neuropathy, slight swelling, slightly elevated liver enzymes, and bubbly urine. Current protocol: minocycline 100 mg QID, azi

jasregadoo

Kat0605, I was curious about your floating stools, so I did a Google search for ‘why would stool float’, and came back with this:
    “A change in your diet may cause an increase in gas. Increased gas in the stool allows it to float. Floating stools may also happen if you have a gastrointestinal infection. Floating, greasy stools that are foul smelling may be due to severe malabsorption, especially if you are losing weight.” So your doctors shrugging their shoulders is not good. I have had doctors do that to me, too, when I present them with something they are not used to. It’s annoying.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Floating stools can be caused by lack of the proper digestive enzyme needed to break down fat,fat always floats. If you make chicken soup from bones left over from a roast chicken you will see globules all over the top.

Kat0605
    Participant

Doubtful that it was fats not breaking down because besides for my pregnancy, I’ve always gained weight VERY easily. I’m pretty sure it was some sort of bacterial Imbalance because it completely went away after I went on minocycline and Azithromycin for months.

Symptoms started in 9/16 after 2 miscarriages, diagnosed with Lyme 4/17, Daughter born 6/17 (not breastfeeding). ANA negative by IFA as of 8/17, positive by ELISA with positive Anti-DSDNA antibodies the same month (false positive?). Symptoms that have come and gone include sicca and skin tightening and telangiactiasia. Currently dealing with migraines, arthralgia, morning stiffness, neuropathy, slight swelling, slightly elevated liver enzymes, and bubbly urine. Current protocol: minocycline 100 mg QID, azi

richie
    Participant

Lack of water in stool

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.