Home Forums General Discussion Please send your probiotic recommendation!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    redrock
    Participant

A year and a half into the AP regimen I am convinced that I now have the dreaded candida issue or something that is messing up my digestion. I will spare you the details but suffice to say that I am having problems in the lower bowel. Certain foods (right now it seems to be anything with sugar in it) cause all kinds of issues. I have been taking 2 or 3 PB 8 Probiotics every day but I think this is not enough and I need something more high-powered. Can anyone recommend a probiotic that is tough enough to handle the chronic Minocin use that I am putting my body through? I am seeing a gastroenterologist on Monday and I’m not sure he is too keen on AP.

NancyB
    Participant

I’m sure there are many good probiotics on the market, but these are the ones our LLMD has his patients take daily and they seem to keep Candida at bay if taken daily at least 2-hours away from antibiotics.

Ultra-Flor by Metagenics (2/day), Theralac (1/day), and Saccharomyces Boulardii by OrthoMolecular (1/day). I’ve heard that Sac.B is helpful in keeping C. diff in check. It is probably an individual thing in terms of what helps each person.

My son was dx with Crohn’s before we realized he really had TBDs, later his GI doc said he probably never had CD, but he certainly had lots of inflammation. The DNA of Bartonella was found in his intestinal biopsy. L-glutamine seems to help with gut and mucous membrane issues and permeability. He uses a product called Glutagenics by Metagenics which contains l-glutamine, dgl licorce and aloe and that helps him not have IBS-type symptoms and mouth sores. Also, his GI doc suggested using a fiber supplement, and we’ve found Benefiber to be very effective.

PhilC
    Participant

Consider adding Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS (Jarrow Formulas brand) to the PB 8 that you are already taking. You could also try Gr8-Dophilus from Now Foods in addition to, or instead of, the PB 8.

Saccharomyces boulardii is a species of “friendly” yeast. It’s a good probiotic to take because it should be resistant to most antibiotics.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.