Home Forums General Discussion Please help me get help for my little girl

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

@m. wrote:

@briannasdaddy wrote:

Sorry for my uninformed questions:

Who is Dr. S (full name)?
    Where in Iowa (is this in Ida Grove)?
    What hospital is he associated with?
    How do I get in touch with him?

It is against the rules here to use full names of doctors. I’ll private message you with the contact info.

Sorry I didn’t know that. Thank you so much for helping out!

mad1max
    Participant

Briannasdaddy,

My 15 year old daughter was diagnosed with Sero Positive RA 2 almost two years ago. We are using AP to treat her very successfully. Although not in complete remission, she is able to play at the highest level on a competitive soccer club. I truely belive that without AP she would be much worse off – I hate to think of the alternative.

I would be happy to discuss our journey and treatment with you if you would like. Best of luck – from one Daddy to another.

Max

zeljana
    Participant

@briannasdaddy wrote:

Thank you everyone for the input/help.

I want to bounce my thinking off of you to ensure I am approaching this correctly.

From my view, the #1 priority is finding someone who will prescribe the antibiotics. Once I accomplish that, regular check ups to monitor the progress AND the side effects (if any). I am not opposed to also continuing seeing a rheumatologist just to monitor joint damage, etc.

Does anyone see any problems with that approach?

This is great approach. I am doing the same. We need rheumatologist because we want detail check up on her lab tests and ultrasound. My daughter has went through all possible choices with rheumatologist to achieve remission except biologics.
    She went on numerous drainage from her joints with application of steroids ( she did get better but not for long), ibuprofen ( at one moment she was taking 3×15 mg), she was on high doses of streroids 12 mg ( now she is on 4mg Medrol every other day), she was on MTX for 7 month…We also we tried the elimination diet, colodial silver, serrapeptase, borax…
    Her rheumathologist insist on biologics although now there is no drain in her joints ( since we are on AP) but her blood test are still not good. Her sedimentaion rate and CRP are still high. Her strep titar is also positive, so it would be good for your daughter to check strep titer also. If it is positive it will be good to treat strep first and than go to AP. We did not do that because we are running of options and I want to try AP besides positve strep. One thing I have noticed that her strep titar is coming down since AP and this is good sing. Slowly though, but she also have JIA for 3 years.

briannasdaddy, you are very wise parent and I am sure that you will find right path for your daughter because you have already found RBF. Here you can get help and lots of advices from great and wonderful people.

What kind treatment did your daughter had? Was she on MTX? What symptoms is she having?

Zeljana

zeljana
    Participant

Hi briannasdaddy!

Any news from your last post?
    Have you contact Dr.S?

Zeljana

Anonymous
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry, I just saw your post. We have been treating my daughter with AP since last year successfully. You may like to read my update I wrote today.

She could not run or jump last summer, doing quite well today. I hope you find an AP doctor to start the treatment soon.

Nuket

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.