Home Forums General Discussion Peruse this website. This man seems to get it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

http://dogtorj.com/the-origins-of-disease/

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Interesting, Spiffy! Thank you for sharing – vets usually grasp this stuff pretty well. I’ve just read the section on bacterial L-forms. He puts forward a good case, yet I’m not sure I agree with some statements, like,

“What causes the initial ulcer? Inflammation starts the process, just as it does in the skin of dogs with allergies. The infection with bacteria is a secondary event. In the skin, inhalant allergies and the subsequent release of histamine, leukotrienes, and prostaglandins shut off the skin’s ability to produce the two antibiotic substances that help control the residential bacteria.”

Dr. Brown’s take is that the bacterial allergen (antigenic endotoxin) IS the primary inflammatory allergenic event, hence why he called it “bacterial hypersensitivity.” RA, Reactive Arthritis, and lupus are good examples of this process, as Type III hypersensitivity syndromes:

Type III Hypersensitivity

This, bearing in mind, that much has to do with the host terrain (environmental exposures, food allergies, hormone imbalances, age, etc). Or, maybe I’m interpreting him wrong and we are actually saying same thing? Thing is, Barry Marshall proved that H. Pylori caused stomach ulcers by swallowing a concoction of this bug! Yeuck!

What are your thoughts, Spiffy?

Spiffy1

Yes, it seems that he thinks there must be another mechanism in place to start the bacteria or virus going down the wrong course. But I don’t know if I disagree. I do think different immune systems handle their loads differently. What causes inflammation in the first place? I am not sure it truly matters because you are left picking up all the pieces once the dominoes have started crashing down. Would I have avoided my crash if I had never eaten gluten or dairy, maybe egg? What if I had lived my life without any digestive troubles? I would have absorbed nutrients better and my immune system would not have had to freak out because of a leaky gut letting microbes into my system. My novice DR4/DQ8 is deficient in being able to tell microbe from friendly tissue. My positive Lyme test catapulted me into a whole new category. My dog also has a positive Lyme test but the vet says not to treat him unless he exhibits any symptoms which he has not. My hubby does a lot of yard work. I wonder if he took an Igenex test what it would show? I do think it has so much to do with our individual genetics and how they play with our environment. Some play more nicely than others. My immune system was completely in meltdown mode. Hopefully, my minocyclene is keeping the bacteria in check where my immune can see what it is doing and learn to pay attention to the right target. The LDN can modulate the balance of my immune system. But I know if I were to go back to gluten and dairy I would come undone literally at the hinges. I do like it that he is seeing connections between bacteria and viruses with our health. I would love to sit down and talk with him. I would be afraid he might not see the value in continuing antibiotics. He seems to want to get the body back in balance to be more accepting of its environment. I am glad he is thinking and trying to figure things out but I will continue taking my minocyclene while I wait for the answer!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.