Home Forums General Discussion Pentoxifylline for the treatment of fibrosis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

I had a hunch that pentoxifylline might be useful for preventing and treating fibrosis, so I did a search and found this:

Repurposing Pentoxifylline for the Treatment of Fibrosis: An Overview.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28484954

Related research:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=fibrosis+pentoxifylline

Since this information may help someone here, I thought I’d pass it along.

Phil

P.S. Pentoxifylline is also known as oxpentifylline.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Luck20
    Participant

Thanks so much for passing this along. I’ll research this. If theres a way to speed up the breaking down of fibrosis, I plan on finding it. 🙂

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

vinny
    Participant

I have been using Pentoxifylline since 2015, 400mg twice a day. I started taking for Peyronnies curvature of the penis. It reversed the progress and I never developed any pain. I found an Abstract in PubMed stating that it suppresses TNF-alpha production and was studied for a similar affect as Enbrel.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.