Home Forums General Discussion Parkinson’s Diagnosis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    June3443
    Participant

My friend was bitten by an tick and tested positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and not treated for 3 weeks and then on 2 weeks of Doxycycline. Right afterwards she had surgery on her shoulder. When she woke up she couldn’t use her hands or feet. She has now been diagnosed with Parkinson’s. Has anyone heard of tickborne infections causing Parkinson’s?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I am not surprised.I know for sure that Bartonella is very often the cause so tell her to get testedif possible.Very hard to get a good test so I hope Maz sees your post since she is a fountain of info

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

That is absolutely terrible. Im very sorry for your friend. Doctors are telling her that parkinsons did that to her overnight?
    Ive also been interested in the question of whether parkinson’s is like other autoimmune diseases in that it actually has an infectious cause behind it. I have read a study about possibly using antibiotics to treat Parkinsons, which would indicate that maybe some sort of infection is to blame.
    I know that if I were her and had the rocky mountain spotted fever diagnosis, I would find an experienced lyme-literate doctor asap and stay on antibiotics targeting that – because it seems very possible this was all brought on by that infection. Maybe continuing to treat the rocky mountain spotted fever would absolve some of the symptoms that either look like or are Parkinsons symptoms.
    Is she still unable to use her hands/feet or was that temporary?

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

June3443
    Participant

She is still not able to use hands or feet and is in a nursing home. I have looked for a Lyme literate doctor close by but haven’t found one. I wonder if an infectious disease doctor would help her. I have been wondering if ticks are causing so many cases of Parkinson’s in our small area. Seems everyone is being diagnosed with Parkinson’s. I remember when I was young, the government, I think, came around spraying our homes with ddt for insects and we had dipping vats for cattle because of ticks. We lived in a very rural area near the Oklahoma Arkansas line.

I am encouraging her and her family to pursue the tick connection, but it is hard to convince after doctors diagnosis of Parkinson’s. Thanks for your input and advice.

June3443
    Participant

Thank you, Lynne. I am convinced the tick bite is the key. Hoping I can convince her family to check further on her treatment. They are giving her a Parkinson’s medication but so far it has not help.

qman
    Participant

We have a friend who didn’t have autoimmune disease but had shoulder surgery and ended up losing the use of his arms. The doctors were all friends of his and he was told that sometimes in a reclined shoulder surgery that this can happen. After 5 years of this affliction he had a stroke and died. Just made me think about this. I had bartonella that presented as classic scleroderma. Resolved after 4 years of azithromycin after 15 years of low dose mino.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.