Home Forums General Discussion Parasite Cleanse

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

FYI, I was talking to a friend this morning and mentioned the parasite cleanse.  She remembers hearing her parents talk about castor oil to “deworm”.  Her doctor also put her on fish oil and Vit D recently; she also remembers having to take cod liver oil as a kid (I'm sure it wasn't the flavored kind that we have now).  I wonder why we ever stopped these healthy practices?

Trudi

Trudi,

I too was given cod liver oil as a child, every morning, yuk, and no it wasn't flavoured and yes it was horrible; but had to take it nevertheless, mum just shoved it in and I had no choice but to swallow …lol  But, this wasn't done for a cleansing process it was given as a supplement – high in Omega 3 and other stuff – and being that we were still on rations (after the war) all children were given it and Virol as well (Virol was advertised as 'A preparation of bone marrow for children & invalids) to supplement our diet.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes I was given both as a child also. The cod liver oil in the U.K. was for the Vitamin D. Never knew about the Virol, except that it tasted okay, unlike the cod liver oil. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

[user=492]maz.aust[/user] wrote:

[user=442]Trudi[/user] wrote:

FYI, I was talking to a friend this morning and mentioned the parasite cleanse.  She remembers hearing her parents talk about castor oil to “deworm”.  Her doctor also put her on fish oil and Vit D recently; she also remembers having to take cod liver oil as a kid (I'm sure it wasn't the flavored kind that we have now).  I wonder why we ever stopped these healthy practices?

Trudi

Trudi,

I too was given cod liver oil as a child, every morning, yuk, and no it wasn't flavoured and yes it was horrible; but had to take it nevertheless, mum just shoved it in and I had no choice but to swallow …lol  But, this wasn't done for a cleansing process it was given as a supplement – high in Omega 3 and other stuff – and being that we were still on rations (after the war) all children were given it and Virol as well (Virol was advertised as 'A preparation of bone marrow for children & invalids) to supplement our diet.

Hi Maz-Aust–

I should have separated my thoughts.  My friend's parents took castor oil for deworming and my friend was given cod liver oil as a child for its benefits–which now her doctor, today, recommends taking.  Sorry I was confusing; I just wonder why these healthy practices were ever stopped as they are now making a resurgence.

Trudi 

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Maz-Aust–

I should have separated my thoughts.  My friend's parents took castor oil for deworming and my friend was given cod liver oil as a child for its benefits–which now her doctor, today, recommends taking.  Sorry I was confusing; I just wonder why these healthy practices were ever stopped as they are now making a resurgence.

Trudi 

Hi Trudi,

Personally, I think after the war you have to remember that food was a rare commodity, much less good food.  After some years when things settled down and everyone could not only afford decent food & veg but could get it with growers now getting back on the farm I just think we didn't think we needed it; and we probably didn't back then.  But today with the advent of growth hormones & different farming practices our raw food products don't have the same calorie benefits that they did back then and we should probably be looking at supplements.  (ie where I live it is 6 wks from birth to table for a chicken, thanks to growth hormones).

Of course that is only my thoughts on the subject.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Trudi
    Participant

Personally, I think after the war you have to remember that food was a rare commodity, much less good food.   

Does make sense!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

casey
    Participant

Hi All,

Has anyone ever noticed that spagetti or noodles of any type has bugs in the packages over time, even when these pkgs are unopened? I have noticed this several times in the past and always wondered how the bugs got into an unopened bag or….how they may have morphed..so to speak , from a microscopic tiny parasite, what have you.

tainabell
    Participant

I am sort of obsessed with doing a parasite cleanse now.  Last night, before bed, I said to my husband, “There are parasites inside me!”  And he just rolled his eyes, like, “Here we go again.” :roll-laugh: 

Problem is, Dr. Y just put me on this super high dosage probiotic (YSL #3 – anyone heard of it?  use it?) to treat my nausea issues.  She wants to see if treatment with the probiotic alone clears up any of my issues.  It takes 20 days to fully take over your stomach.  So I'll have to give it at least a month. 

I know probiotics fight yeast, anyone know if they can suppress parasites or fight against other yuckies in the gut? 

Kim
    Participant

Hey Tainabell,

I've been on tons of different antibiotics and several different probiotics — none of which seemed to have slowed down what's been going on in my gut.  Truly disgusting!

A Friend
    Participant

Kim & BB Members,

I've recently attended a Health Fair in our city where Doug Kaufmann and Dr. Tullio Simoncini both spoke during the 2-day fair.  I was especially struck by what Dr. TS had to say regarding the simplicity of what actually makes us chronically ill and the thing (or things) that truly are the best helps for us.  He was adamant about it… in his Italian language influence on his English delivery of his talk and the Power Point presentation.  (I believe I've read that he began as a pediatric oncologist.) 

Just an hour ago, I picked up a book that has been one of my favorites/best helps, “Beating Cancer with Nutrition” by Dr. Patrick Quillin with Noreen Quillin.  He was at Cancer Centers of America for years, and then and now has lectured, taught, written about this related subject in the USA and all over the world.  On page 120 of this book (he has newer ones, even with a CD in the back of it), he wrote as a sub-heading to a section:

“3. Parasites.  Most of us have intestinal parasites.  In some of us, these worms and bacteria are causing serious harm to the lining of the intestinal tract, such as a permeable gut which allows allergies to form.  Our ancestors developed many de-worming techniques that they used seasonally, such as fasting while consuming purgative herbs or regular flushing out with garlic.  In order to confirm if you have a problem, you must send a stool sample to a lab capable of detecting the myriad of microorganism that inhaabit the GI tract.” 

For myself, I don't believe I have to confirm which ones I have, as I'm come to know I definitely had some type of overgrowth of them.  He also explained how I immune system becomes unable to zap these organisms and for them to become a problem. 

And, Kim, the parasite cleanse you have used (which I read a list of the ingredients and their traditional history/function, and believe they also have protective properties that help expell the byproducts of the cleanse).  Those tests mentioned in red above are usually pretty pricey.  After years of illness myself, I intend to use the cleanse too, to weed out whatever is there that may be addressed.  I want to thank you so much for bringing this product and topic to our attention. 

On a further note, in another favorite book,  Cancer Battle Plan: Six Strategies for Beating Cancer from a Recovered “Hopeless Case” by Anne E. Frahm with David J. Frahm:  Anne cautions about detoxification, including juice fasting and detox enemas, (the detox enema also one of Dr. Sherry Rogers recommended detox tools for helping the liver dump its toxic load while detoxing with such as this and the FIR/far infrared sauna) that some type of detoxification methods — including, when fasting, a good form of fiber to trap the toxins so they can be ushered out of the body. 

I strongly recommend that those new to these detoxing areas not to get carried away, and not protect ourselves from huge amounts of free radicals/die-off.  These need to be contained/trapped to be expelled OR neutralized,  as these can damage DNA and cause problems.  Anne Frahm, on page 64 & 65 of the above book, describes what her health counselor had her do when she was on a juice fast — regularly through the day of fasting, was included “fiber cleanse”, and once a day a detox enema. 

In a horrific reaction to two meds back in 2003, I had a sudden pain attack and thought I wasn't going to survive it; nothing I did helped.  I'd read Dr. Rogers book and remembered the detox enema.  When I finally pulled that off in the wee hours, relief that you would not believe swept all over me.  I felt like I'd experienced a miracle.  NOW!  I'm a believer, for sure.   

Forgive all the rambling — and the all over the board detox topics — but I do believe these all can be very important to our recovery… like building blocks to a desired end. 

AF

Lori
    Participant

Kim,

Thank You for bringing this discussion up.  Just Yesterday I went to Dr. B. and I was giving an 8 week supply of parasite cleanse.  Zymex, plus Calamo and something else… 

Anyhow, Honest to God, I am phobic about the worms….!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: 

However, they are already bought and if I have those critters, I don't want them in me.  But I honestly, cannot get up the courage YET…..  :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Kim
    Participant

Hey Lori,

Unfortunately there is just no way to get past the “gross factor”. :sick:  I literally had nightmares, but am kind of over it.  I'm still passing stuff and will routinely do this twice a year.

Does Dr. B. have all of his Lyme patients do this?  Would make sense.

kim

Lori
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Hey Lori,

Unfortunately there is just no way to get past the “gross factor”. :sick:  I literally had nightmares, but am kind of over it.  I'm still passing stuff and will routinely do this twice a year.

Does Dr. B. have all of his Lyme patients do this?  Would make sense.

kim

Hi Kim, I”m sorry and don't mean to be immature about this subject, but I could see myself also having nightmares, etc…  I really need to be ready pyschologically or are you ever?  I'm so glad you are taking care of yourself by doing what's best for your body. 

Actually, Dr. B. says that most of his patients with auto immune diseases, etc…and lyme do these cleanses.

I don't know what its going to take for me to actually do this… I am so mad at myself at the moment : (

Lori
    Participant

Also, I have to make up my mind within a few days because it was very expensive and I believe I can take all the bottles back if the seal has not been broken.:headbang:  <--me being mad at myself.

Lori
    Participant

I'm now looking at all the pills I have to take….  Something like 12 a day….

I'm starting to do some research for simpler product that Dr. B gave me.  Also looking into something like garlic oil, etc….  If anyone else has any suggestions or knows any ingredients right from the kitchen, I would love to know..thanks, Lori xoxoxo

Kim
    Participant

Lori,

If you're that freaked out just don't look.  Check out humaworm.com…….that's what I took and it obviously worked. :doh:

Good luck…….kim

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘ Parasite Cleanse’ is closed to new replies.