Home Forums General Discussion Pain & vitamin D

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=1212]APbeliever[/user] wrote:

Friend, I read your article and your hypothesis as well. I only take magnesium and vitamin d-3 supplements in the form of sublingual spray without any calcium additives. I wanted to see if I could decrease the pain since I am unable to take any antibiotics due to unknown liver damage caused by antibiotic. At first, I tried Marshall approach and that also decreased pain for a few days but then pain came back with a vengeance. Then I tried vitamin d-3 spray along with magnesium and I did see a significant decrease in pain without taking any prednisone. However, I am taking anti-inflammatory all this time. I wish I could take antibiotics again. Mino did help in resolving my arthritis pain but unfortunately did not agree with my liver. Tried doxy same result:crying:

APbeliever,

Well, here's another thing to contemplate, concerning Vitamin D …. and Vitamin A and Vitamin K — actually I had intended to post this for all of us, as I just found it the last day or two. 

If you will, go to:
    http://www.greenpasture.org/community/?q=node/135
    (keyboarded this just now; hope it works). 

The heading of the topic is:  “Tufts University Confirms That Vitamin A Protects Against Vitamin D Toxicity.”

Just reading over it online just doesn't do it for me.  (This liberal arts brain has to “study” these things.  I couldn't print it in larger print because the end of sentences doesn't print.)  So, I printed it in the smaller print, and did manage to read it ok.  The detailed research  by numerous scientists iin separate research certainly opened my “novice” eyes to the importance of both Vitamin A and Vitamin D being together, and not isolated from each other.  Also, I picked up on a problem (one of many perhaps) for us on AP — our Vitamin K figures importantly in the context of this paper, and when we are on AP, Vitamin K can become deficient. 

If any of us reading this paper do not understand all it said and means, then hopefully we will share it with a healthcare professional who will.  Reading this made me afraid that many doctors — who keep recommending really large doses of Vitamin D to their patients and who did not study and do not know scientific nutrition information — may be suggesting something that can do harm… if we do not also have the additional nutrients that D, A, and K are dependent upon.  Also, bring to the attention of your healthcare provider (especially if he/she is recommending large doses of Vitamin D) the paragraphs on Matrix GLA Protein and how, especially, the above three vitamins are very necessary to keep harmful things from happening. 

If the scientists among us will please read the paper, and perhaps start a new topic on A, D, K, etc., I would love to hear/read this further discussed. 

Best to you all,

AF

A Friend
    Participant

[user=1212]APbeliever[/user] wrote:

Friend your reasoning is very sound and I like the way you think. Just wanted to add that in here :blush:

APbeliever,

That was a nice thing for you to say.  I try, but sometimes I embarass myself… after the fact ….lol

AF

Carrie-RA
    Participant

Hi All,

I have RA and also have very low Vit D levels. They gave me the 50k once a week prescription. When I'm not taking that, I take 2k daily.

HOWEVER, I just read online that some countries use D3 for RAT POISON. What the heck, I say! I'm confused now.

I just saw a video on YouTube where this doc was discussing D3 Transdermal CREAM…to rub on skin rather than taking pills. He says pills subject you to potential toxicity cuz it goes to the liver before getting to the kidneys where it's used. The cream bypasses the liver and goes straight to the kidneys–the way sun on the skin is processed.

Have any of you heard of this or tried it? I almost makes sense to me, logically, but may be this fella is just trying to sell his cream? If you've tried Biodential HRT, this doesn't seem like a stretch.

Thoughts?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ Pain & vitamin D’ is closed to new replies.