Home Forums General Discussion Pain Control Methods

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    enzed
    Participant

I’m wondering what different types of medication people use for daily pain control for the different types of Arthritis – auto immune pain issues? Be good to share it here in one place. A search of the forum took me all over the place without much success.
    There was a discussion about cannabis but that’s not practical for most of us who drive every day, and/or hold down a job etc.

Be good to know what types of (safe) medications work, especially those that can be adjusted as the need arises. ❓
    For example, for spinal osteo-arthitis I use Osteo Panadol – from 2 to 6 tabs daily because a dose of 2 lasts for 6 hours. I also take 800mg Bruffen daily but find that isn’t sufficient to block the spinal pain although it reduces inflamation and some pain, reasonably well.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

The first AP doctor my daughter saw recommended an OTC drug/supplement called Vitalzyme. At the time she was overdosing on Advil due to nerve pain from her digital ulcers from the raynauds. The Advil wasn’t really touching the pain and it was tearing up her stomach. The Vitalzyme worked well for her pain until the minocin kicked in and solved the source of the problem.

Cheryl

enzed
    Participant

@Cheryl F wrote:

The first AP doctor my daughter saw recommended an OTC drug/supplement called Vitalzyme. At the time she was overdosing on Advil due to nerve pain from her digital ulcers from the raynauds. The Advil wasn’t really touching the pain and it was tearing up her stomach. The Vitalzyme worked well for her pain until the minocin kicked in and solved the source of the problem.

Cheryl

Thanks for posting this information. I will read up about Vitalzyme. It may help my inflamation. I too had digital ulcers that would not heal until I took Mino. I’ve had no ulcers since.

Anonymous
    Participant

@Cheryl F wrote:

Cheryl

Hello, Cheryl. Re: Vitalzym…I see that there are now two formulas offered: original (or “hybrid”) which is taken on an empty stomach, and “new”… I’m wondering which version your daughter was taking?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.