Home Forums General Discussion Overseas Treatment HELP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Hi All,

Very nice to meet you all. I have contacted the lovely helpers via email and they suggest I talk to you guys on the forum also. I came across your site by accident and was surprised as well as very relieved that such a community exists. I watched the documentary about Dr. Brown’s treatment as well as downloaded the book by Hennry Scammel and begun reading it.

My current issue has now been for 16months. I have always known it was an infectious disease even though the medical community believes
    differently. For myself is caused by a bacterial infection. I have had this previously 3 times in my life but the other times after
    taking Doxycycline for 10days or azithromycin for one day at 2g dosage together with ibuprofen – it would begin to feel better in a month and
    within 2-3months 100% cleared. Previously to this the last occurrence was 3.5years ago. The first time I had it it took over 6months before the doctors found the possible cause and advised the right antibiotics to kill the “active” bacteria and ibiprophen – which I begun to feel better within a few weeks. The 6months prior though took me into a bed ridden state that could not walk at all for months. The Doctor working with had never heard of this before in all of his years and thus wrongly prescribed medicine. That time cleared up within a year.

I do not know why this time though it will not leave my body like it has done 3 times before. I have been using TCM herbal treatment as well as acupuncture as Doctors as well as rheumatologist that I visited knew less about it than I and would only prescribe NSAIDS or steroids – which I didn’t want. I stopped taking NSAIDS for the past 6months but begun taking again the last few days due to a major flare up. I took the meds as the same as 3 times ago but this time the “active” live bacteria has been killed but I believe the inactive still remains – I have tried using Doxycycline for up to 3 weeks as well as azithromycin two times at a 2g single dosage. Two tests showed I am negative for the “active” form so I believe that what remains is the “mycoplasma” non-active form that is still causing the flareups. I believe after reading the road back and forum posts that the deep penetrating properties of Minocin maybe the answer – and with all the previous research I have done it makes 100% rational sense why this works also why its almost impossible for Doctors to understand. The issue I have now is no Doctors where I live in Shanghai recognize RA as infectious nor have they seen this protocol and believe it is dangerous and thus will not prescribe… The only thing they want to give me is symptom blockers but not listen to me about a cure as they have never heard of it and “they” are Doctors and know “much more” than me.

I am currently based in Shanghai, China and have found it more difficult to find a Doctor that can administer the protocol described
    as they fear I may become sick. I have medical insurance also but fear by using that with Doctors at foreign clinics they may deem as a
    “prior” condition and refuse treatment. I am actually a lot better than one year ago, which I believe is mainly due to the many life and spiritual changes I have made, in addition the TCM treatment. The TCM treatment and herbs are actually very similar treatment described to this treatment but of course herbal and all natural. I believed I was in full remission a month ago but it crept up again on me, which I believe was caused by
    emotional stress at work. It has since become a lot worse and gone back to where it was one year ago. The worst part I found about the
    disease is the foggy brain, anxiety and loss of energy. The joint pain is of course not pleasant but it’s the cloudy thoughts and
    anxiety which takes over my soul completely when it inflames and hard to concentrate on anything. As I am based overseas and I do not have a severe case of it – I was wondering if I can get some hand holding advise on best ways to do this and use the treatment without possibly Doctors constant supervision as well as ensuring the get the antibiotics without hassles from the Doctor.

Much appreciate your reply in advance.

Reactive Arthritis, since June 2015.
    Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Drew
    It’s good that you’ve seen some improvements with TCM. But, in terms of any antibiotic protocol, you will both need a prescription and a Doctor to monitor you.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Thanks – I may have finally found a Doctor and am going today. I am little confused though if I should try the Harvard protocol (100mg twice a day) or possibly the Brown theory of around 100-150mg M/W/F. I believe my body will tolerate well and I am not at a severe stage, but am keen to get this fully out of my body – if the Harvard principal works faster as its a stronger dosage – why do so many still opt for the Brown AP?

Current Meds: Been on Minocin 200mg daily since November 2016, now on M/W/F 200mg AP.

Supplements Daily: 2 caps Krill Oil, 20mg Astaxanthin, 10IU Vitamin D3, 1g NAC, 24mg of boron a day.

Alternative: Periodic use of home made collodial silver 150ml daily. TCM herbs to target infection, heat and inflammation. Acupuncture to relieve pressure and release heat. 2tbs of organic coconut oil. Oral form of essential oils frankincense and oregano. Topical form of e

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Drew;
    IL6 and TNF1a are involved with RA and even if you dont have an infection minocycline will help because it inhibit these little buggers.The first article is quite long but becomes clearer about 30% into the article.Other 2 are quite clear.This will give you some ammo when going to the doctor so give him this info.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167488911000425
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3383508/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15485488

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Drew,
    RA patients often do better with a low-and-slow approach, partly because of the levels of “herxing”. If you read up on the site, particularly the FAQ section, a lot of these kind of questions are answered. Also, there is no quick fix to this approach to treatment of rheumatic diseases. More is not necessarily better.

You might also like to take a look at Maz’s post in this recent thread:

https://www.roadback.org/forums/topic/week-3-complete/#post-456595

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

LifeAboutChange
    Participant

Hi There,

Appreciate your feedback and I will begin to read through the links you guys sent. I am not too concerned about herxing as this will mean its working, getting better and is temporary but if you believe the low dosage of “Dr. Brown’s’ method is still superior I will take on board your advice.

Good news is I have not just found a Doctor (finally) yesterday that is willing to do this treatment, he wants to take it a step further and possibly publish it if I am successfully cured. I didn’t realize he was a Rheumatoligist and often writes papers for the science community. He was quite sceptic at first but I sent him a lot of information, as well as the fact he knows I am from the health industry (fitness) so understand more than most about things, therefore respected some of my findings and read into them. He will use Minocin but possibly wants to try some other holistic approaches such as Oxygen therapy to booth my immune system that will add in possibly expelling the bacteria faster.

I am going to see him again this Tuesday and he will begin to test me for all base line tests. He will be testing:
    –Liver function
    –RA
    –Mycoplasma – but this is quite difficult to find.

Are there any other base line test we should run to ensure the experiment can show some positive “before and after” results? Apart from Minocin are there any other antibiotics I should be taking on top of this.

Before coming upon this site I did a lot of digging also and thus already understood a lot of what Dr. Brown was talking about, especially how difficult it is to kill these minute bacteria. One study I read was using The treatment included rifampin because of its powerful tissue penetration, and then adding in doxycycline. The rifampin sounds quite helpful, as again the real issue is getting past the many “walls” and barriers to kill the bacteria. In these studies, due to the rifampin dramatically helping penetrate the bacteria cell more efficiently to allow the doxycycline or another bacteria to work faster the cure was also much faster. Has anyone else read or has knowledge of combination antibiotic therapy?

Drew

Drew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.