Home Forums General Discussion One of the first signs I was getting better

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I thought I’d share this for anyone else on AP needing encouragement…especially if they are going through a herx. One of the first solid signs of improvement was weight gain. Whenever my RA was flaring I’d lose weight like crazy, lose hair and my nails would stop growing altogether. It was weird. One of the first signs of getting better even before I felt better was weight gain and growing nails. Of course, now I wish I could lose a little weight LOL!!!! But honestly, I’ll take it gladly. It’s also nice to have finger nails and toe nails that need cutting.

PS Don’t be scared, the weight gain did level out…

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Spiffy1

This sounds similar to me. I lost 16 pounds in three months eating all the time. I have no idea where the food went. My hair was falling out and nail growth problems. And yes. It is so nice when the weight comes back and stays constant.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

monmar
    Participant

Wow this is so encouraging to hear! I’ve also experienced this multiple times and wasnt sure if it was just me, though I have read that once you start making a slow come back, so does your weight! This has happened to me twice now. This first time when I was on Mino and then had a really bad flare where I was losing weight. Now I’m taking Azithromycin and starting to see weight gain again, which im very happy about! Is it becasue the mycoplasma is dying off or the inflammatory process is being slowed down?? 🙂

Luck20
    Participant

That makes sense. I also think when you feel better, you move more and put on some muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.

The most important thing is how you feel at any weight. Nothing is better than having energy, not being in pain and actually feeling like going somewhere!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.