Home Forums General Discussion On my way…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mcellen111213
    Participant

Hi:
    I have my appointment and housing set up to see the Lansing doc in a couple of weeks.
    I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I have Sjogren’s and have been able to control it somewhat through diet (gluten free, dairy free, nightshade free, you name it, I’m free of it!). I was very sick last spring and didn’t know if I would be able to continue working but the diet (and maybe the 15 or so supplements I take) have definitely made a difference. I had Rheumatic Fever as a child and have had multiple “warning signs” over the years (asthma, atopic dermatitis, numbness, dizziness, allergies) so I guess I’m not surprised by this diagnosis.
    It took some time to get a diagnosis but I finally did. I am in the early stages when the Rheumy says “let’s wait and watch until your symptoms get worse.” She prescribed eye drops, Tylenol, and Biotin products. I am not going to wait and see how much worse I get before I am put on steroids. I have a friend with RA, Sjogren’s, and Giant Cell Artiritis. She started with one and then developed the other two. She is now in a wheelchair and can no longer hold a pen or type. She has also had a stroke. I am going to give AP a shot (no pun intended).
    I am planning to blog while I go through the treatment. I will post it here as soon as I figure out how to set up a blog! 🙂
    I am hopeful.
    Wish me luck!
    Ellen

Spiffy1

Good for you! Congratulations on your dedication so far! We look forward to hearing about your continued progress!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

It’s easy for doctors to say “wait and see if it gets worse” – knowing that it undoubtedly will. It’s not their body and their life at stake.
    It takes a lot of courage to make these decisions for yourself. So good on you for having that strength. I think it will give you a real advantage over those who sit on their hands and wait.
    Do keep us posted with your blogs – godspeed on the journey ahead.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

luislien430
    Participant

Good Luck, I has been diagnosed recently and would like to hear about your experience, I have been trying to get a doctor with no luck so far, current one scolded me for suggesting PA therapy, so getting my records and trying to find one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.