Home Forums General Discussion Okay, What's the consensus on the Swine Flu vaccine?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    JoanneM
    Participant

Anyone considering taking any vaccine should see the interview with Dr. Hilleman, recently deceased, formerly the chief of Merck's vaccine program for many years. It's a real eye-opener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edikv0zbAlU

Don't know if this has been posted in this forum or not.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi friends, haven't been here for a while.

For me, I haven't taken a “shot in the dark” for probably 25 yrs and I'm not starting now.

My flu arsenal is:

Grapeseed Extract (strengthens the immune system) been taking it 14 yrs now.

Oscillo (homeopathic)  first signs of flu symptoms starting using it.  Can use this for children over 2 also.  This is a faithful supp for me.

Echineaca = at the first signs of being “off” I start taking 2 caps of “E” and do this every couple of hours for a couple days or so.  This works every time for me.  I even carry “E” in a little baggie in my purse in case I'm out and this occurs. 

Well, I believe we will all survive, I will I'm sure.   Take care.   jam

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

For those who were interested in this topic, there's an interesting article today on Mercola's site, following the (American) 60 Minutes piece on Swine Flu Vaccine. Lynnie

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/21/Special-Swine-Flu-Update.aspx

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

I saw this early this morning.  Shocking!

My hairdresser is one who believes medicine is the answer to life.  She brags about demanding antibiotics for her children when the doctors don't feel they should have it.  She has a daughter who has multiple health issues including ADD and is on every kind of drug, procedure, etc.  She loves this child and gets every vaccine that comes on the market.  I swear if they had a vaccine for going to the grocery store she would give it to her daughter.  Of course she has had her flu shots for this year although not the H1N1 simply because it hasn't been available.

Well, I learned yesterday her daughter has the H1N1 flu.  It is making its rounds in this area and apparently, the child had a very bad case of it but is beginning to recover now.  I'm grateful to hear she is recovering because this child certainly has some “complicating” health issues.

I was really shocked and horrified for them.  This mother tries so hard to do it right. 

I wonder how many of the girl's health problems come from too much medicine?

Susan

Nickie_M
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

Thanks so much for alerting us to this interview. 🙂  Barbara Loe Fisher was outstanding in her conversation with Dr. Mercola, and IMO it really is a shame that she doesn't get the mainstream media coverage she deserves.  She certainly managed to affirm my 'personal', (hopefully well informed),  health care choice to stay clear of the H1N1 vaccine.

Nickie

jaminhealth
    Participant

thanks for bringing this to our attention.  barbara loe fisher is a great advocate in the vaccine world.   she made so much sense in her video.  i sent it on to my daughter, these young mothers have got to be so confused about the vaccines, and tend to go full boar on them. 

GaryNull.com has a LOT to say about the vaccines if one wants to check out his sites.

thanks, again.  jam

Just yesterday I was goggling:  Vaccine Ingredients and Fillers….OMGoodness.  The list is miles long of toxins. 

judy cash
    Participant

No, on the flu vaccine for me.

I just found out that a couple of the hep.B vaccines had RA as a side effect.. I HAD a hep. B vaccine some time back……….. Now I have RA…………GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I even think my kids had the Hep. B vaccine a few years ago, I was scared of HEP.B because I know of several local people who had contractred it and I was scared. I TRUSTED THEIR DOCTOR AND MINE. What are we doing to ourselves………………..I had no idea that vaccines could be “BAD”. I have learned a lot since I got sick and started using the internet for information.

Does anyone know anything about the Hep.B vaccine/RA connection?

Thanks,

Judy

Randy
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

This has been a real interesting thread, as this Swine Flu scare is affecting all of us in one way or another.

My 8 yr old boy Ian had an uncomfortable night this last Friday. By around 5 pm Saturday he had an 102+ fever. Tylenol knocked it all the way down to 101. Surprisingly we got in to see his pediatrician Sunday afternoon (Ian's fever was back to 102.4, having been without Tylenol for 4 hrs).  Further surprising to us was when the Doctor told us that Ian had the Swine flu.  He said there was no need to do a swab and send it into the CDC because he was seeing 30 children per day with the swine flu this last week and he immediately can tell when a child has it.  The Doctor then said that Ian would be fine and that for healthy kids it is fairly mild and he told us what to expect. He also anticipated that Ian?s younger brother Andre would likely catch it, but assured us that we (including me) would all do fine because we are healthy. I then asked the doctor what I should do[/i], given my SD.  He said I had nothing to be worried about because I don?t have any respiratory issues.

Okay, we freaked out like anyone would.

To make a long story short, Ian had no fever when he woke up Tuesday morning.  Although he doesn?t feel 100% today, he has not had a bad sore throat, a bad cough, or real bad aches, and yesterday was running around the house with his brother.  We have kept him and his brother Andre home from school, and thankfully the rest of us have not got sick yet after 6 days of Ian being contagious.

Well, there?s a bit of an H1N1 saga.  Now we will see if Ian is still sick later today when he?s given his homework to do?.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Tiff
    Participant

[user=1504]judy cash[/user] wrote:

I just found out that a couple of the hep.B vaccines had RA as a side effect.. I HAD a hep. B vaccine some time back……….. Now I have RA…………GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I even think my kids had the Hep. B vaccine a few years ago, I was scared of HEP.B because I know of several local people who had contractred it and I was scared. I TRUSTED THEIR DOCTOR AND MINE. What are we doing to ourselves………………..I had no idea that vaccines could be “BAD”. I have learned a lot since I got sick and started using the internet for information.

Thanks,

Judy

Hi Judy,

I have wondered about this, too.  I also had a Hep vaccine  a year or so before developing RA.  Also, I have a dear friend who had Hepatitis, and she says that for a couple years after it was supposed to be gone, she had lots of problems with her wrists – the tendons in her hands etc.  She told me this after I explained what I was experiencing since she could relate.

Who can know if these things trigger other issues?  I don't believe we have sophisticated enough science to figure it out at this point.  And it can be a situation of both/and – by that I mean that TONS of GOOD are done by these vaccines while only a small percentage of people suffer the terrible side effects.  The problem is that while these side effects (if they are real) are rare, they are tremendously terrible.  I just hope that they continue to investigate the possible connection so they could identify the people who might react badly rather than completely deny any such connection might exist.  Then we could have the best of both worlds.

BeatingRA
    Participant

[user=1504]judy cash[/user] wrote:

Thanks,

Judy

Interesting, I never heard this about hep B and RA.  I had hep B vaccines in July 1998 and the booster in Jan or Feb 1999.  Came down with RA in Jan 2000.  My husband also had the shots when I did, no RA or anything like that for him.

I think the last flu shot I had, in October 2005, triggered an RA flare for me.  I had been in remission for over four years, totally off meds.  I flared three days after I had the shot.  The first symptom I had was severe pain in my left shoulder, just a bit below where I had the shot.  It quickly moved to the rest of my body, wrists, shoulders, knees, elbows, I was miserable.  It took me close to two years to recover.  I didn't even think about the flu shot possibly causing the flare until about six months later when I found the release I signed when I had the shot.

No more flu shots for me.

Theresa

Hoping
    Participant

I'm not getting the vaccine. I read somewhere that if you are taking antibiotics, don't get the flu shot. People died mostly because of secondary bacterial infection, which the antibiotics should take care of. Last December, my husband, son, and daughter each fell sick from a flu, one after another. Then in March, both my son and daughter had high fever, one after another. I took care of them and I didn't get sick. I think it's the antibiotics.

Lynn
    Participant

Maz- My daughter has down syndrome and has always struggled with toenail fungus. Do you have any idea if the olive leaf cap helps with that?  Lynn

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1716]Lynn[/user] wrote:

Maz- My daughter has down syndrome and has always struggled with toenail fungus. Do you have any idea if the olive leaf cap helps with that?

Lynn, Olive Leaf caps may be a nice solution for your daughter. Alternatively, you could get the grapefruit seed extract drops and have her soak her feet in a warm foot bath every day. The drops can also be added to a drink. For instance, I add about 8 to 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract to some V8 to camoflage the taste, which is very strong. Can cause some die-off, so I started with a few drops and worked up. Tea tree oil is also supposed to be a great anti-fungal and comes in pure topical lotions and oils at healthfood and vitamin stores. Rubbing this into the toenails and nail bed every day may also be beneficial.

Toe nails take a good number of months to grow out, so it would take quite a bit of persistence and patience with any of these natural methods to wait it out and see if any of these methods work. It can also be a beast to get rid of…which is why I think many revert to presciption systemic anti-fungals taken orally, such as Lamisil or Diflucan, but over long periods can be hard on the liver and would need lab monitoring.

When Kim returns, she may also be able to share a bit with you about parasite cleansing. She recently did the Humaworm cleanse, which also comes in pediatric doses (if necessary) and is said to also target candida. The Humaworm people are very kind and will answer emailed questions from their site. They may even recommend their medicated cream, but would recommend asking them for further info and insight. I have a neice with Down's, too, and understand there may be special concerns:

http://www.humaworm.com

Hope something here might help in your researches!

Peace, Maz

Lynn
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.  I'll check into some of the natural remedies. We definitely can't take the risk with the presciption meds. Thanks again, hope your niece is doing well! Lynn

APbeliever
    Participant

Oh my God. All my health problems including RA have started right after getting that Hep B shot. I and my wife both got those shots before travelling overseas. She started having eczema and inflammation along with it. I started having RA, diabetes problems. Before getting those shots, I had no health problems before whatsoever.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘ Okay, What's the consensus on the Swine Flu vaccine?’ is closed to new replies.