Home Forums General Discussion Okay, What's the consensus on the Swine Flu vaccine?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=921]SandiS[/user] wrote:

I am also not advocating one way or the other, just believe in informed consent. Both my daughters  ( 18 and 21) are living on college campuses so I am very concerned for them. They both have issues , one with migrains and the other a history of epilepsy so they will not be getting the swine flu vacine. 

Hi Sandi,

Your comment about “informed consent” is an important one, because it's up to each one of us to determine the risk vs benefit ratio of any vaccine.

As you and I both have two daughters, thought you'd like to read this news article from Aug 19th re: HPV vaccine.

Gardasil Researcher Speaks Out
    “Public Should Receive More Complete Warnings”
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/19/cbsnews_investigates/main5253431.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Susan, great to see you again! I was only asking the other day if anyone had seen you posting. Hope all is well your way?

Peace, Maz

SandiS
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Thanks for the article- very interesting.  My daughters have not at this time had the vacine (that I know of). I had very frank conversations with them and their respective doctors when the vacine first came out.  Both doctors consenus was if you are not sexually active at this time or in a monogamous relationship, there is very little benefit to this vacine.  Since they are now young adults , I have left that between them and their doctors. But because both have had fairly serious health issues in their young lives, they have had to learn how to take control of these issues themselves. The HPV vacine is just another example of the medical world trying to suppress information for the general public.  Sorry don't mean to get on my soap box. You said it best Maz,  it's up to the individual to determine risks and benefits.  Just like with the auto immune diseases,  there is no one answer for everyone.  But we need to be given the proper information to make those decisions.

Sandi

Trudi
    Participant

This was on Dr. Mercola's site today:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/01/Swine-Flu-Shot-Linked-to-Killer-Nerve-Disease.aspx

Within the article, there is a CBS video which originally aired on August 12, 2009, featuring CBS News Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton and NVIC's Barbara Loe Fisher.  They discuss the possible dangers of the swine flu versus the H1N1 vaccine.  It's about 15 minutes long but I think worth the time.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I hope this link works…interesting video on the swine flu vaccine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SmFxyust0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fhome%2Ephp%3Fref%3Dhome&feature=player_embedded

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

[user=1323]Margaret Mueller[/user] wrote:

Lynnie,

My sons are going to school at Granite Bay High School which had 26 band members with H1N1 the first week of school. The younger son had four H1N1 positive in his English class. I picked him up yesterday morning with flu symptoms, but they have not developed beyond G-I tract. The nurse said to watch for congestion.

Everyone is mentioning fever, but Bill told me that the head of our University Medical Center told him they are seeing many cases of H1N1 without fever. She also said that when this flu hits you it hits harder than any flu you've ever had — you know you've got something serious. Reminds me of that whooping cough I got four years ago — last thing I need is another round like that one!

OK, I have been watching this thread daily, but now it may be more personal.

My 15 year old, Claire, goes to a high school that is also having a high incidence of H1N1. It is actually the next HS 'up the road' from Margaret's son's school. Kids in all of Claire's classes have had it, as well as teammates on the water polo team (close contact).

So, last night, Claire came down with a sore throat and headache. Now this AM, she has chills and body aches and congestion. No stomach upset (yet).

So, any ideas on antiviral supplements we can try. I will call the doctor to see if we can get her in and get Tamiflu. Any suggestions would be greatly appropriated. If this hits my family right now, I don't know whether we will survive, we are already going down for the count.

Thanks!

Cheryl

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Cheryl – I can only tell you about the general experience thus far in Australia. H1N1 has not been anything like as bad an influenza as the normal seasonal variety. The only strange thing about it so far is that cases of it haven't seemed to subside in the warmer months (hence its continuation in the northern hemisphere). It is generally quite mild as influenzas go. Symptoms vary between people. The general worry is of a mutation of the virus – which has not happened yet. I dont know of any natural antivirals. My doc told me that Tamiflu as a vaccine is fine for this influenza – it will give protection. Hope Claire gets well really soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Tiff
    Participant

Cheryl,

Please keep us posted.  I know how you feel about it.  If my kids come down with this, I am gonna crack up!  So far my daughter is burning the candle at both ends at school – you know the drill, I am sure!  I don't have any news about how much of this is going around in our area, and I haven't the guts to look it up what with other things on my plate.

I don't remember my mom ever having these kinds of worries when I was growing up.  The information age is kind of painful!

Take care!

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

So, any ideas on antiviral supplements we can try.

Hi Cheryl,

I take an Olive Leaf cap every day, which is supposed to have great natural anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial props. I don't know how effective it is against Swine flu – I take it mainly as a natural anti-fungal, but this guy (who may be selling stuff) says it's pretty potent and should be effective against swine flu (but who really knows for sure?):

http://www.naturalnews.com/Report_Anti-Viral_Remedies_Influenza_6.html

Really sorry about all the schools in your area coming down with this. They predicted it and guess this means its reach will be extending outwards with time.  

Peace, Maz

Trudi
    Participant

So, any ideas on antiviral supplements we can try.

Although Dr. Mercola did not recommend Colloidal Silver in the article I posted above, a lot of reader comments disputed his concern.  I'm on colloidal silver but a different formula–dr. prescribed:

http://www.resultsrna.com/products/acs_200_overview.php

There were a number of colleges in our area with the outbreak of the swine flu.  So far I have read it needs to run its course, but not the worst. 

Best wishes to all of you,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Cheryl,

I get a monthly nutritional newsletter from Dr. Russell Blaylock, retired neurosurgeon.  This month he talks all about H1N1 but of course, the newsletter is at home and I am at work.

I also get e-mails from Dr Mercola.  I believe someone already posted his article about the H1N1 but I will link it again.   I think he gives some advice.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/01/Swine-Flu-Shot-Linked-to-Killer-Nerve-Disease.aspx

I do know Vit D is an excellent defense.  Have her lay out in the sun if possible.

Susan

A Friend
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Tiff, Sierra – the vaccine will be rolled out here first and then most likely distributed worldwide. Here are a couple of links to current news stories re its roll out, the 2nd citing some concerns about it.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1075067/Swine-flu-vaccine-on-the-way

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/20/2662321.htm

Incidentally, my AP Doc told me, at the first sign of influenza, to take 3 days straight of my abx and that would help stop the virus setting off problems with my joints. Another interesting point:100% of the swine-flu related deaths here have been caused by secondary bacterial infection. Lynnie

Lynnie, Maz, Others,

Have been home two days from trip.  After exposure to cold/rain, etc. I developed lots of congestion which is still with me.  Fortunately, no fever and do not feel “sick” but have tons of congestion which I'm able to continuously expell, and am using an OTC product or two to help move it out.  I'm thinking/hoping it is running its course.  Two other family members developed the same thing at almost the same time. 

After returning home and reading Dr. Mercola's quoted article with info from The Daily Mail about Swine flu vaccine causing problems [reference his newsletter this week], I am not planning to take the flu vaccine — but then I never get the flu vaccine, but my spouse always does, and nags me to get it, too.  My choice not to get it is based on my mother's experiences, plus a previous holistic MD/AP physician's opinion for himself and for me several years ago.  He supported me in my decision, which so far I have not regretted. 

We are all different, so I consider this a very personal decision that each of us –with the help of whomever we trust — need to decide. 

Can you tell me the correct/best way to determine whether or not what one has is the swine flu? 

Thanks,

AF 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

AF – generally only accurately by blood test. And that tends to only be necessary  with people who have a severe case. Treatment (except in severe cases) is the same as for any influenza. CDC August update on swine flu gives some symptom descriptions:

[/color]It is a pretty useful info page. Lynnie http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/qa.htm

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

AF – generally only accurately by blood test. And that tends to only be necessary  with people who have a severe case. Treatment (except in severe cases) is the same as for any influenza. CDC August update on swine flu gives some symptom descriptions:

[/color]It is a pretty useful info page. Lynnie http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/qa.htm

Lynnie,

Big “thank you.”

AF

A Friend
    Participant

OK, I have been watching this thread daily, but now it may be more personal.

My 15 year old, Claire, goes to a high school that is also having a high incidence of H1N1. It is actually the next HS 'up the road' from Margaret's son's school. Kids in all of Claire's classes have had it, as well as teammates on the water polo team (close contact).

So, last night, Claire came down with a sore throat and headache. Now this AM, she has chills and body aches and congestion. No stomach upset (yet).

So, any ideas on antiviral supplements we can try. I will call the doctor to see if we can get her in and get Tamiflu. Any suggestions would be greatly appropriated. If this hits my family right now, I don't know whether we will survive, we are already going down for the count.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I just found the following in a newsletter I've recently signed up for from Suzy Cohen, RPh (pharmacist who has written a syndicated column for 10 years).  I like the way her mind thinks.  Was going to add this to this thread, and decided to post it replying to yours.  Hopefully, these can help even though she has become ill. 

Hope all goes well!

AF

http://www.healthiertalk.com/boost-your-immune-system-avoid-swine-flu-0550

Link with article about Swine Flu protection… and not selling anything…

“Boost Your Immune System to Avoid Swine Flu”
    by Suzy Cohen, RPh

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Here is Mercola's latest take on the vaccine. Lynnie

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/08/Another-Shocking-Warning-About-Swine-Flu-Vaccine.aspx

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘ Okay, What's the consensus on the Swine Flu vaccine?’ is closed to new replies.