Home Forums General Discussion Ok people I need help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zoofie_85
    Participant

Everyone who knows anything about pregnancy and mctd, tell me about it! please!

richie
    Participant

Hi-while I am not up on pregnancy -=-I do know you absolutely can not take any tetracycline family drug –you would have to check with your doctor which type antibiotic is ok —
    richie

zoofie_85
    Participant

Thank u for youre replay, I have heard about that. In the minute i now im preg im stop taking tetra!

can i start with tetra again after the baby is born?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2526]zoofie_85[/user] wrote:

Hi Zoofie,

Yes, tetras can be taken again after a baby is born, but not until breastfeeding is stopped, as tetras pass via breast milk and can harm developing teeth and bones of the baby.

Peace, maz

Kim
    Participant

Thank u for youre replay, I have heard about that. In the minute i now im preg im stop taking tetra!

I think you said you were pregnant.  Congratulations! 🙂

Take care……kim

zoofie_85
    Participant

Ooooh my english!!!

Kim- Nooo im not preg, im trying to 🙂

Thank u Maz!

I wonder Kim and Maz, if I can ask you?

I take tetracyklin and its working, and im no longer having problems with my stomach. What do I need to take more? (probiotics) and why do i need probiotics? i take probiotics sometimes… for my stomach wich included i think it was like 50 billion of “the good things”… do i need it every day?

Tintap
    Participant

Zoofie ,
    Test frequently and switchover to Erythromycin immediately after you suspect you may be pregnant.  I took Erythromycin during my 2nd pregnancy ( first trimester).
          Also see how your health is before deciding how long to breast feed. If you are in terrible shape you might wean the baby off early and get back on Tetracycline.

Maz
    Keymaster

no longer having problems with my stomach. What do I need to take more? (probiotics) and why do i need probiotics? i take probiotics sometimes… for my stomach wich included i think it was like 50 billion of “the good things”… do i need it every day?

Hi Zoofie,

Great to hear your stomach has settled down now. Nausea can be an early side-effect with tetras and most often does settle down with time.

Probiotics are taken to replace the good bacteria in the gut that the antibiotics disturb. If probiotics are not taken, then an overgrowth of candida (a fungus) can occur, which can lead to leaky gut and food sensitivies, as well as other systemic infections, like thrush. Probiotics can prevent candida overgrowth, but cannot cure it once it begins. This is why it is important to take probiotics in good doses at least two hours after each antibiotic dose. They should not be taken any closer to the antibiotic as the antibiotic will wipe out the value of the probiotic, too.

Even when I was pulse dosing and only taking probiotics on MWF, I still took daily probiotics, as I felt it was just a good practice. I have never had a yeast infection or any other gut issues, as a result, including diarrhea. The probiotic I use is called PB8 (vegetarian capsules) and I take 4 times the recommended daily dosage on the bottle.

Hope this helps in some way, Zoofie.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Ok people I need help!’ is closed to new replies.