Home Forums General Discussion Not happy with CVS pharmacy at Target

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

I called last Wednesday saying I needed a special order of Ranbaxy. They said I could pick it up Thursday evening. I got busy and Saturday came. I called them to ask them what time they closed on Memorial Day. They said 7. My husband went by around 5:30. They were already closed. I only had one tablet left so I took it on Monday. I usually do BID. So today when I go pick it up, I get to running errands and I decide to go ahead and make up for my lost one on my off day. Imagine my surprise when it is PAR brand. Nobody bothered to call and tell me that they can no longer special order. I paid $240 for a medicine I did not ask for. So I called Target and explained the situation. I said if I could find a new supplier, I did not want to be stuck with this bill. They said if I find a new supplier, just bring back unused pills. They will make me pay individually for pills I took.

So here is where I need opinions. Wal Mart has ordered Ranbaxy for me. It will be in Thursday. So I am guessing I will not do a make up pill tonight. I used to do 1 on MWF anyway, so I will probably be ok waiting until regular schedule tomorrow. I guess I will take two of the PAR brand tomorrow. Get Ranbaxy on Thursday. Get back to regular Ranbaxy on Friday. What a mess!

I seem to be very chemically sensitive. I am hoping my body will not know the difference tomorrow. THOUGHTS?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I found this article. The name of the website was fiercepharma.com. It was written back in March. I thought it would help explain some of the confusion. Maybe I should stick with PAR?

SINGAPORE–Ranbaxy Laboratories will sell its generic minocycline antibacterial to Torrent Pharmaceuticals but otherwise is good to go with its merger with Sun Pharmaceutical, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has ruled. The unanimous decision paves the way for Sun to potentially complete the $4 billion deal with Ranbaxy parent Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo by the middle of the month.

A unanimous FTC issued a consent order open for comments through March 3. After that, the agency is to decide whether to give the final order. The FTC was one of the last obstacles to completion of the huge merger deal. The order was issued just days before an India state court hearing on another lingering obstacle. If that is cleared, a Sun official has said the deal could close within weeks.

The size of the pending deal with Torrent was not reported. A Sun generic would compete in the U.S. with the Medicis drug Solodyn, Orapharma’s Arestin and Minocin by Rempex Pharms. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries ($TEVA) and Par Pharmaceutical also have U.S. approval to market their generic versions.

The FTC said it required the divestiture because otherwise a combined Sun and Ranbaxy would control too much of that market, making it anticompetitive. It said Ranbaxy was one of only three bulk suppliers of the drug and Sun expected to market its own generic in the near future. The other two API suppliers are Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, also of India, and U.S-based Par.

The divestiture covers three dosage strengths of the drug that is popular for treating a variety of conditions, including acne, pneumonia and urinary tract infections. The consent decree requires the sellers to cooperate with Torrent to help it get marketing approval for minocycline within the same time frame it would have taken Ranbaxy to do so.

Torrent also currently lacks the manufacturing infrastructure to produce the tablets so the order to the consent agreement requires Sun and Ranbaxy to continue producing their generics and supplying them to Torrent so it can enter the markets while it gets its own manufacturing process up to speed and able to achieve FDA approvals.

The order requires the divestiture to Torrent and the sign-over of all Ranbaxy rights to minocycline to be completed within 10 days of completion of the acquisition. If the sale to Torrent cannot be completed, the FTC would give Sun 6 months after the consent order becomes final to find another buyer and complete the deal. The FTC said it also would appoint an interim monitor to see that the terms of the agreement are carried out.

Daiichi Sankyo agreed to the all-stock deal last year as FDA regulatory problems piled up for Ranbaxy, leading the agency to ban products from four of its 5 FDA-approved plants. The issues recently cost it a first-to-file 180 day exclusive to produce AstraZeneca’s ($AZN) blockbuster heartburn medicine, Nexium, which the FDA granted to Teva instead. With the merger, Daiichi Sankyo will be Sun’s largest shareholder with a stake of about 9%.

– here’s the FTC announcement
    – here’s the FTC analysis
    – here’s the FTC complaint more from the FTC
    – here’s the settlement agreement

Special Report: Pharma’s top 10 M&A deals of 2014’s first half – 8. Sun Pharmaceutical/Ranbaxy Laboratories

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

That’s why I always call the pharmacy and ask which generic they used to fill my mino prescription before I go to pick it up.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy

But, Phil, that was the whole reason for a special order. The whole process has always worked seamlessly. I had called. This is why I was so frustrated. A good business practice would have called me back if they could not complete the transaction as stated. There was no reason for me to believe that this time would be any different. I am not a new customer by any stretch of the imagination. My only mistake was feeling lucky and letting them sit at the pharmacy longer than expected. It would have given me more time to remedy the situation. This was my mistake. The switch in brand names, clearly lies with CVS.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

On the package was a simple note by a pharmacist. It said, “This is the same medication you have been receiving. The color, size, or shape may appear different.”

I am the one that should have been called.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

In their defense, 99% of the population would not care which generic was used. I would not have cared 2 years ago myself! Hopefully, it will all work out. I did get to see how cute the PARs are. They are cuter and smaller than Ranbaxy. They do not look like they have any dyes either. Yes, Phil, I have definitely learned my lesson. Now I will be sure to double check before I pay. Lesson learned.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

Are you taking Ranbaxy capsules or tablets?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Spiffy

Tablets. I heard they are preferable. Do you agree?

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

PhilC
    Participant

Tablets. I heard they are preferable. Do you agree?

Yes. What do pharmacies usually charge you for those?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Spiffy

It used to be 20. I am assuming this year I have not met my deductible. Now they are charging $240. Today, I will be using Wal Mart for the first time. I will let you know if it differs.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Walmart is $100 dollars cheaper for PAR. I will definitely use them next time.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.