Home Forums General Discussion Not complaining

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Manda
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I think you'd all be glad I didn't talk much here over the last few weeks. I've been having a pretty rough time of it since I posted that I was feeling much better. I've learned my lesson now, and I promice I won't say how well I'm feeling ever again! 😛

This has been a good week though, and it makes-up for the worst of it. Mostly I've had hip, knee and anckle pain. I've never experienced anything quite like it. My knees were FROZEN cold – I couldn't warm them up. My ancles were swollen and sore to touch. I was complaining quite a bit here at home, but I didn't want to complain to you guys. 😉

I made an appointment with my Doctor and Naturopath for next month, and I can't wait! Hopefully I'm still on the right track with this and the bad patch wasn't anything to worry about.

Manda.

Jennhere
    Participant

You know, some posters here (I won't name names) have used this board to vent all sorts of down feelings, fear, anger, frustration…  😉

But seriously, it can help to have a place to vent.  I imagine everyone here has had those dark days.  You can always pm me if you need to vent or unload some fears. 

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Jenn

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Manda

Sounds like it could be a herx to me. in which case, though it's not good in one way, it's good news in another. Anyway hope you get some good advice from Dr K and LW. I found them both terrific. And please vent away if you need to. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Manda
    Participant

Thanks peoples. 🙂 Lyn, again, it's wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience with the Doc and Naturopath.

I visited my Mum this weekend and told her about the pain. She has convinced herself that those are RA symptoms. She was trying to get me to eat some “Arthritis Plant” that she had growing in a pot. Well, the leaf I ate tasted bad, and didn't really help. :roll-laugh:

I mostly do my complaining in an annonymous blog. 😉 It works well! If I complain to my husband, he wants me to stay at home and get better – which is driving me crazy now that it's been 3 months without working. So, I'm being a bit more selective.. otherwise, I'll never get to go to the city! Pain or no pain, I have to escape these 4 walls occasionally!! 😛

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Manda;

How severe are you?  I often suggest to those that are really having a hard time, to jump on the I.V. Clindo protocol for a time.  Dr. Brown used it and I'm not sure why some of the other docs dont' use it more often.  It really does jump-start the healing.  Dr. S. in Iowa is a firm believer in it.  In fact…he recomends that the severe ones have a weeks worth of I.V.'s every six months to clean up the mycoplasmas a little more.  Minocin is great…but some of us need something that works faster. 

Diane/WI

Manda
    Participant

Well, I wasn't severe at all before I started taking the AB's again a little over 3 months ago now. 🙁 I've never experienced pain in these areas before – which makes me wonder if something else is going on, rather than it being a herx.. but that could be me just worrying.

I'm faxing the doc, and hopefully she'll give me a suggestion. Otherwise, I've only got 3 weeks wait until I see her again. Yay! 😀 I think the hardest part has been the psychological symptoms. Pain is one thing, but getting depressed about it and loosing sight of the bigger picture is another completely.

As far as severity goes – I havn't been able to work for over 3 months, and as I speak, I'm sitting at home in my PJ's instead of going shopping with my husband in the city because my left hip and knee is giving me too much trouble today. I know that I'll have this bug forever, but I can't wait until it doesn't effect my life quite so much. I'll talk to the doctor about the IV option and see what she says. It can't hurt. 😛

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Manda – pretty sure Dr D will put your mind at rest. Really does sound like a herx to me….those can happen  at this point in your road back to wellness.  I had all sorts of strange things going on when I first started taking mino (though mine started within a week. Maybe you also need to discuss with her dosage etc. Glad you're in touch with her. And psychological symptoms are indeed part of it. Hang in there! Lyn 

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

John McDonald
    Participant

the jajawrappers are back.;)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yup John – they've accompanied me back to the Board – just went live again!!!!!!
    Think will have to try another server, possibly Safari, to see if I can leave them and my telecommunication woes behind!

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Be well! Lynnie

Manda
    Participant

Glad you're back Lyn! I think you're right about the herx – and there has been something going around too, although I didn't appear to get “sick”, I betcha I was fighting something. Both my husband and I had sore throats last week too.

I promiced I wouldn't say it, but.. I am having a great week! :roll-laugh: After my visit to my Mum's, my hips were worse than ever, and I was so upset, but now they've cleared up (two or three days ago) and I've been up and about like I was never in pain!

We're also considering a move slightly closer to the doctor (3-4 hours) and very close to my Mum. Maybe that is contributing – positive thinking and all that. Plus, I've always wanted to live in the country where I can grow our veggies and keep chooks! Well, there is much to consider first, but it is a positive energy that I'm feeling!!

Thanks again everyone for the encouragement.. I'm sure the “is it a herx” question is one of the most common ones that crop-up here! But I'm so glad there are people here that care! 😀

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Stress is a great trigger and contendedness very good for the immune system. Your immense pain and then all AOK certainly sounds like palindromic to me….that's exactly how I used to be – suddenly becoming a cripple and in excruciating just-shoot-me pain. Then pow!nothing wrong and all in working order, no sign of anything. BTW am still betting on a herx from the abx regime. Glad you're having a good week. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Not complaining’ is closed to new replies.