Home Forums General Discussion Nose Bleeds?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Goodwife
    Participant

Does anyone (par ticularly w/SD) experience occasional nosebleeds?  Not long lasting, brief???  This has also surfaced over the last few weeks.

Goodwife

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi;
        I had totally forgotten about nosebleeds.I had them continuously in year 3 of my SD .At that time I had been on mino for 2 years but was also taking methotrexate.I think the bleeding was caused by the damage the SD did to small blood vessels,can't think of anything else that could have caused it.This lasted for about 2 years. Lynne

Kim
    Participant

Some SD people report of nasal lesions that can get really bad.  I had a small one that has since cleared up.

I know this constant barrage of 'stuff' can make you crazy, so try to ride this one out.

kim

Goodwife
    Participant

Thanks, Lynne and Kim for your replies.  Unfortunately one more discouraging thing to deal with.

Goodwife
    Participant

Lynne,

did you have to get treatment for the nose bleeds, or how did it resolve?

Kim,

How did you know you had a nasal lesion?  was anything done to it?  did you also have nose bleeds?

JeffN
    Participant

Yes I was prone to nose bleeds early on, mostly in the winter when it was dry. Had my doc look up there and he said the blood vessels seemed dialated (this was before I my SD went active). I also had a bout with watermelon stomach later. I have often wondered if it is the same mechanism as the watermelon stomach? Dialated blood vessels are dialated blood vessels just different locations. Fortunately I have not had any issues with either in the last year.

Goodwife
    Participant

Thanks, Jeff.  My hubby didn't have any issues w/watermelon stomach, although I agree with you that it makes sense about dilated blood vessels, just different locations.  It is difficult to be on such a good run for so long and start backsliding.  The difficult thing is to know whether we should change our course (ie back to every day instead of pulsed) or incorporate other meds, etc.  Just don't know.

John McDonald
    Participant

Don't overlook the prosaic, boring causes. Years and years ago I got nosebleeds because I wasn't drinking enough water. I would have a lot of coffee in the day, then maybe a beer in the evening, all dehydrating. After a few days of that I would get a nosebleed. Doc said drink less coffee & alcohol and more water. That fixed me right up, no more nosebleeds. So it could be lesions or microbial & herx issues, likely is, but don't neglect the simple causes.

john

JeffN
    Participant

With any luck it is totally unrelated to SD. Just a bloody nose phase.

Goodwife
    Participant

tHANKS, John and Jeff – THat's the problem with these types of diseases, you wake up one mo rning with a cramp in your big toe and immediately thing it is SD!  More likely than not, it is probably related, but if it is a minor occurrence, I can deal with it.  When a new thing pops up, you immediately think “progression” and panic.  Thank you all fo ryour advice and I will keep you posted.

L

Kim
    Participant

[user=44]Goodwife[/user] wrote:

Kim,

How did you know you had a nasal lesion?  was anything done to it?  did you also have nose bleeds?

Mine was just a small sore in my nose that did not bleed.  Interestingly, it went away when I started MP………who knows???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Nose Bleeds?’ is closed to new replies.