Home Forums General Discussion Newly diagnosed. Lot of questions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeanies Girl
    Participant

My husband and I have struggled with various symptoms for at least 15 years. We have just been tested for mycoplasm and both of us tested high. His was 2 something and mine was 4.06. All of our other lab work was great. We have stayed away from doctors for the most part and tried to handle this on our own with diet. We suspect this may have a link with the mono that my husband contracted in ’87 right before we were married. We are set to take the antibiotic protocol next week.

Questions: What do our numbers mean? Why is mine higher? Does anyone know if it is linked to mono? How is the success rate for people who have had this for a long time? We are concerned that our kids might have this but aren’t showing any symptoms. Is this a valid concern?

DX: Bacterial (mycoplasm) infection
    AP: Began June 2015
    Clindomycin IV 900 mg-every 3 months for 5 days
    Minocycline 100 mg MWF am and pm
    Flagyl 500 mg 2 x day for 3 days in a row every month
    Symptoms: Since approximately 1997-Extreme fatigue, (Intermittent: muscle weakness, stiffness, brain fog, lack of stamina)
    Supplements: Vit. C 3000 mg, Vitamin D 5000 IU every other day and 10,000 on remaining days, Vitamin B complex, Fish Oil 1000 mg 2 x day

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Jeanie’s Girl
    Good to see you here 😀 – there lots of people here with experience and wisdom to offer. What have you (and your husband) been diagnosed with? That will help people answer.

You might also consider putting a brief history and what you’re currently taking in your signature box – which will show up every time you post so will save you having to repeat things (see mine below). To do that, click on User Control Panel (above left), then Profile, then Edit Signature – input information into the box and submit. You can update it at any time via the same process.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

inhstyme
    Participant

Hi there! I am so sorry to hear that you and hubby haven’t been feeling well, but so happy that you two are going to be able to get on the antibiotic! I myself struggled for decades too not knowing what was wrong with me up until just a few months ago. The doxycycline has turned my life around! Anyway, one question that pops up to me in your situation is if you both had a full thyroid panel done. Most of the time doctors only check your TSH level and if that is okay, they assume your thyroid function is normal when it may not be. They need to check TSH, T3, T4 and also for TPO antibodies (Hashimoto’s) and also TPI antibodies (Grave’s). I know there is a Dr. in Michigan, he’s a naturopath and MD, who strongly believes there is a link between mycoplasma infection and thyroid issues. I would be curious of what all labs you both had run, as unfortunately many times Dr.s overlook important labs that can point to what may also be causing your symptoms.

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

That is very interesting. My husband’s family (grandmother, mother, sister, nephew) all have thyroid problems and I’m pretty sure his sister and nephew were both diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. I don’t have copies of my husband’s lab work yet. This has all come about so sudden. I have my copies and I was tested for TSH, Free T3, and Free T4, and they were all fine. I was not tested for TP0 nor TP1.

Symptoms: Since approximately 1997-Extreme fatigue, (Intermittent: muscle weakness, stiffness, brain fog, lack of stamina)
    Supplements: Vit. C 3000 mg, Vitamin D 5000 IU every other day and 10,000 on remaining days, Vitamin B complex, Fish Oil 1000 mg 2 x day

Jeanies Girl
    Participant

I thought I would post a list of the tests that the doctor ran.
    Complete Metabolic Panel (Glucose, Calcium, BUN, Creatinine, BUN/Creatinine Ratio, eGFR, eGFR (African American), Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Total Protein, Albumin, Total Bilirubin, AST (SGOT), ALT (SGPT), Alkaline Phosphatase)
    HbA1c; Glucose Estimated Avg; Magnesium, , Iron, Transferrin, Total Iron Binding Capacity, Transferrin Saturation; Homocysteine; Vitamin D; TSH; Free T3; Free T4; Rheumatoid Factor; CBC w/Diff and PLT (WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet Count, Platelet Sufficiency, MPV, Absolute Neutrophils, Absolute Lymphocytes, Absolute Monocytes, Absolute Eosinophils, Absolute Basophils, Total Neutrophils, Total Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils, RBC Morphology); ANA Screen; Lyme Disease; E. Chaffeensis AB; A. Phagocytophilium AB; Q Fever AB; Babesia Microti; B. Henselae AB

These were the only tests that were out of range:
    M. Pneumoniae AB (IGG) 4.06
    C Reactive Protein 3.0

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Jeannie;
    M.Pneumoniae ???Have you read the CPN site.Here is an excerpt that might help.I had/have?/// it as well as M. Fermentans,Lyme and SD.It took me ages to figure it all out but now I am running at full speed and rarely get to even look at the computer unless something is bugging my orchids.Hope this helps
    Lynne

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

It sure would help if I pasted this.
    http://www.cpnhelp.org/diagnosis_issues

See what I mean about running. hehehe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.