Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SoulSpeaker
    Participant

😀 I am 52 (53 in Oct), male and live in Kangaroo Valley NSW Australia.

I have psoriasis all over my body and suffer with psoriatic arthritis. I have had psoriasis for nearly 20 years (if memory serves) and the psoriatic arthritis was diagnosed in late 2000; after six months of rapid pain spreading through my upper joints.

I have been given a bone scan and told I have the body of a 70 year old (2001) but as I have the mind of a 20 year old; I find things even out well enough to live my age (well some of the time)

I do suffer from pinched nerves without notice due to collapsed disc and vertebra that seem to have a mind of their own. I sneezed once and spent 8 days in hospital in absolute agony. I fall over due to pain from pinched nerves. I suffer constant pain in my neck and lower back 24/7. I have to be careful of the things I do all the time. I have and use a walking stick, crutches, and a wheelchair. I do get about unaided a lot of the time around the property where we rent a modest cottage. My darling wife is my long-suffering carer and lifesaver partner in all my aches, pains foolishness and madness.

I have tries pill, potions, cures, remedies, doctors advise, herbalists, homeopaths, dietary changes, and just about everything else you care to mention suggest or think of. I have and use prescription pain medications; but only when the pain is severe enough to warrant it.

I refuse to use anti-inflammatories because of their side effects, and they do no blasted good anyway.

I have found that a low acid diet helps me. I find also that drinking a min 1 liter of purified water is a great aid against itchy build up of scaly skin. I don't eat red meat because it causes the psoriasis to flare up within 6 – 12 hours of consumption.

I carry on regardless at times and suffer for my foolishness.

I have written a booklet on pain and how it affects and effects myself and those around me; in particular my long-suffering wife.

I have a weird sense of humour that gets me through many bad and/or painful times.
    I'm sorry if this sounds negative, its not meant to. I am just writing what I think is beneficial for others to understand me.:dude:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.