Home Forums General Discussion New to this…help please !!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Claretta
    Participant

I am completely new to this blog and I am not quite sure I am actually posting this message in the right way. Please let me know if I have done it wrong !
    I have been on Minocin since October last year and my God the results !!!! I can say (finger crossed) that I have gone back to my normal self. I have been on Methotrexate, NSAID, Cortisone and none of these drugs have given me the total recovery I have obtained with Antib. :roll-laugh:
    Unfortunately I am following this therapy off my own back with no medical support whatsoever as my GP was not happy with me taking AB for arthritis.
    I am now taking solely Minocin (100mg) 3 times a week and no other medications and I have adopted a new healthy nutrition.
    I am not quite sure about the followings:
    1. Can I at some point stop taking the Antibiotics ?
    2. I am experiencing problems with stomach upset, stomac burns and digestion, how can I fix this ?
    3. Are there any form of food/vitamin/probiotics supplements you recommend ?
    4. I have read about liver detox, how does it work, should everyone who is on AP do it ?
    Thank you so much for your help and wish you all good health.

😀

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Are you taking plenty of probiotics to put back the good bacteria in your stomach?

There are some people who successfully go off the antibiotics, it is highly dependant on the individual and the disease.  Regardless, only 5 -6 months seems like to little of time to have this treatment work completely enough so that you could expect to discontinue the antibiotic and remain without symptoms.  It would be helpful for those who will respond to know what disease you are dealing with so they can share their own experiences.

Cheryl

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Claretta;
                 Welcome to the gang.It sounds like you are doing very well considering you have no medical help.Mind you most regular doctors are just about uselee when it comes to these diseases anyway.I hope you have read all the postings on the previous pages about leaky gut,yeast,detox etc because all the info you need is already here.If I was in your shoes I definately would not go off the antibiotics because many people who do have the disease come back to haunt them and it is much harder to get AP working a second time around.You might be able to lower the dose but don't stop altogether.  Lynne

richie
    Participant

Hi

Whatever you are doing –just keep on doing –sounds like things are going good—I second Cheryls advice –You must take a probiotic supplement and to start I would say at least 2x the recommended dose since you are taking antibiotic –your stomach symptoms may well be because of the lack of a probiotic –Good to hear of your progress

Richie

Fran
    Participant

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

Are you taking plenty of probiotics to put back the good bacteria in your stomach?

There are some people who successfully go off the antibiotics, it is highly dependant on the individual and the disease.  Regardless, only 5 -6 months seems like to little of time to have this treatment work completely enough so that you could expect to discontinue the antibiotic and remain without symptoms.  It would be helpful for those who will respond to know what disease you are dealing with so they can share their own experiences.

Cheryl

Cheryl-  Do you know many who have went off the antibiotics and have maintained remission?  I ask because I have RA/Lupus or something along those lines (doctor isn't quite sure) and have tested positive for m. hominis and m. pnemoniae.  I started mino 3 months after onset of symptoms and did IV clindy, mino then zith.  I had to stop mino cuz of a sensitivity to it and now I have had to stop zith because it is increasing my liver enzymes.  I currently have no symptoms and am wondering whether to start up another antibiotic or stay put and not do any more antibiotics.  I have heard that it comes back and wonder whether you know of a lot of people doing okay off antibiotics.

Claretta
    Participant

[user=2]Cheryl F[/user] wrote:

There are some people who successfully go off the antibiotics, it is highly dependant on the individual and the disease.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ New to this…help please !!’ is closed to new replies.