Home Forums General Discussion New To Forum/ RA 5 Years/ Only Doxycycline..So Far

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pyroslinger
    Participant

Hello All,
    I ran into your forum searching for information on Doxycycline treatment options for moderate to severe RA. I decided to sign up and learn more, try to help others in my treatment legacy of 5 years now. I have been prescribed Hydroxycholaquine and suggested Enbrel among others by my Rheumetolologist. I have refused to take any of these so far. Recently requested Doxycycline 3 times a week M-W-F, this has gone on now for 6 months. I live in Montana in summer May-June then Arizona June-May. I didn’t need the Doxcy very often in Arizona and was doing well. Returned to Montana and the flares started. I am now in extreme pain in wrists, shoulder, fingers and hands. I was given Prednisone 20mg tapered1 week ago and my how it helped! I have an appointment tomorrow 8/23/21 for these flare ups. I am terrified about taking anything other than Doxycycline. It helps alot and only side effects re nightmares ans sobe fatigue. I just need a support group to help myself and others to survive the disease without Biologics and the others, methotrexate ect. I will keep you posted on what the prognosis is after tomorrow and what meds are recommended. As if now, I have no intention of ever taking the Poisions.
    Thank You All.
    Pyroslinger

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi there….have you been able to read the Henry Scammell book and FAQs on this site yet? Also, any reason you chose doxy over minocycline?

All the best for your rheumy visit today! Pls let us know how you get on.

Daffodil
    Participant

I was dependent on antibiotics for 6 yrs but I managed to stop them after fecal transplants

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Daffodil,

I’ve been following Dr. T. Borody in Sydney, Australia, a GI doc who has had success treating autoimmunity in this way.

Please kindly share more about your journey to date and your autoimmune disease. This forum is dedicated to discussions about AP and supportive therapies for rheumatic diseases, I’m sure others here would like to hear more about your story as would I. FT for autoimmunity isn’t a standard of care in most places in the world yet except for severe C. Diff infections.

mouse
    Participant

Hi Daffodil,
    Would also love to hear about your fecal transplant experience. I read about one at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. A woman after having been ill for a couple of years with CDiff received a transplant from her brother. She began to recover in 24 hrs. Amazing. Want to know more!!!!

Female, 59 years old. My issues began with a drug reaction.
    ANA 1:32 Homogeneous, Nuclear Speckled
    Rheumatologist/Osteopenia, osteoarthritis, UCTD,
    Gastroenterologist/little gastritis,11/20,
    Cardiologist/heart/bradycardia,7-20 had a little tachycardia
    Benign limp node removed 4 years ago
    My last panel of antibody blood tests taken in 8/20 were all negative accept ana.
    Taking Vitamin D and magnesium. My doctor has given me B12 to take and wants me to take hormones. Getting physical therapy soon.

Maz
    Keymaster

Interesting new, quite balanced Time Magazine article on FMT, specifically for IBD, but mentioning other potential experimental uses (including inflammatory and autoimmune diseases) and concerns (risk of transference of disease, e.g., Covid-19, multi-drug resistant microbes, or healthy donors who later develop diseases, such as Crohn’s).

Fecal Transplants: a New Treatment for IBD

The Openbiome.org website mentioned in the above article is interesting to browse.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.