Home Forums General Discussion New Morphea/SC Med? Brand:"Potaba" Genetic: "Aminobenzoate Potassium"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tanah
    Participant

I had a conversation with a PhD Pharmacist today and she mentioned:

“Potaba” – Brand (Part of B-complex family).

“Aminobenzoate Potassium” – Generic this drug which she said is used for:

“dermatomyositis, morphea, pemphigus, Peyronie's Disease and Systemi Scleroderma”.  I search this board and didn't come across the brand or genetic name.

Has anybody heard anything about it?

Suppossedly according  to some info she printed for me from:

http://www.clinicalpharmacology.com

http://www.glenwood-llc.com/pre-potaba.html

This drug “excellent benefits are possible with very little risk and there is a good potential for softening hardened tissues. Therapy requires the maintenance of adequate dosage over a suffficient length of time which is usually a minimum of 2 or 3 months. This drug has been AVAILABLE SINCE BEFORE 1938″.  IT IS AN ANTIFIBROTIC AGENT AND CAN PREVENT OR BRING REGRESSION OF FIBROSIS”. ETC.

In the same website under Scleroderma it offers other drugs as alternatives but

NOT approved by FDA 🙁

Cyclophosphamide

Epoprostenol

Penicillamine

Prostacyclin

Relaxin, Recombinant, rh-H2

Also check:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR601883

How come I have never heard of this drug? I have done so much research?

Any info- or experience you may have on this drug would appreciated….

Denyse
    Participant

Hi Tana, I know this is an old post but thought it worth some input.

I have had some experience with Potaba (Potassium P-Aminobenzoate ) 500mg

My dose was 6 capsules 4 times a day for Scleroderma. The company claims you will see no effects from the potaba for a good three months.

Within the first week of being on a gradual dose of 3 caps 3x a day I was already noticing my face, arms and stiff sore joints had improved to a point that the wrinkes on my face were already starting to show up, and my arms were going soft in patches and my shoulder elbow and hip and knee joints felt 50% better with pain and agility then they did before I started on potaba.

But after now being on this for almost 3 months, I am having some adverse reactions like extreme anxiety, shakiness, cool pale skin, loss of appetite, nausea, confusion.

Every website I tried to find these side effects did not have them, but when I went off of the potaba for a few days the side effects would dissapate.

So well the Potaba looks promising for Scleroderma suffers with a lot of skin invovlment, close monitering is needed by your doctor to succesfully overcome the symptoms by changing your dosing schedule and  following a special diet program to compliment the therapy.

I am very happy with my results. I had very limited movement in my legs and arms with very crippled hands and had to have help to dress myself on some occasions depending on what I wanted to wear. But now I can pretty much do it all for myself and I feel 10x better then 3 months ago. This is the best antifibrosis stuff i have came across yet. 😀

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Kim
    Participant

Thanks, Denyse, for weighing in on the Potaba. I learn something new every day on this board.

When you started having side effects with the Potaba did you do a wash out and they try starting back with a lower dose, or did your improvements hold without any meds?

Another question ~ did you use antibiotics in combination with the Potaba?

One more ~ are you taking anything now?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm always interested in what has worked for people.

Take care…..kim

Denyse
    Participant

Hi Kim, sorry for such a long time response. Yes I went off of them for about a 6 weeks and then slowly started up again, but not on the full recommended dose. It is hard on the stomach and should be taken with meals.

The improvements held quite well, I am still on minocin and have been through all of this, but went from 150 mg 3x weekly to 100 mg daily along with the potaba. I also take both serrepeptase and nattokinase. But was thinking about going on the type you have mentioned in other posts.

The anxiety I had intially felt is still there on occasion. I just moniter it and if I am feeling more anxiety than usuall I just cut back my dosage or go off for a week. Plus because it is also part of the B vitamin family, it also wise to take a b complex along with it.

I am continuing to improve all the time, it is slow but a definite improvement in skin softening and with joint movement.And a huge leap fprward with my lung involment, it is actually getting much better.

It is a prescription grade potaba and so is covered through health plans.

Denyse

Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ

Denyse
    Participant

somehow ended up with 2 posts ???

medical MJ

Kim
    Participant

Glad you've figured out how to make the Potaba work for you, Denyse.

Take care….kim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ New Morphea/SC Med? Brand:"Potaba" Genetic: "Aminobenzoate Potassium"’ is closed to new replies.