Home Forums General Discussion New Human Retrovirus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eann
    Participant

Has anyone been following the studies that are finding a new human retrovirus, XMRV? The latest conference is stating that it might have been created in the laboratory by passing human cells through mice.

I don’t know how to create a clickable link, but if you type Xrx into the search, you will find a blog by a doctor discussing this. It has been found in the blood of CHF and Lyme patients. I have been diagnosed with FMS, CHF, Sero-Negative RA and Lyme Disease. I have treated all of these with no improvement, just a slow decline in health.

Is anyone else watching this new information?

Maz
    Keymaster

@eann wrote:

Has anyone been following the studies that are finding a new human retrovirus, XMRV? The latest conference is stating that it might have been created in the laboratory by passing human cells through mice.

I don’t know how to create a clickable link, but if you type Xrx into the search, you will find a blog by a doctor discussing this. It has been found in the blood of CHF and Lyme patients. I have been diagnosed with FMS, CHF, Sero-Negative RA and Lyme Disease. I have treated all of these with no improvement, just a slow decline in health.

Is anyone else watching this new information?

Hi Eann,

I’m so sorry to hear you’re not doing so well…what has been your path to date with treatment? My memory might be failing me, but thought you had been doing well and improving a while back?

I haven’t been following more recent research on XMRV, but I’m not surprised that this virus is the result of lab manipulation (intentional or not). There are quite a few bugs out there that have been questioned in the same way, not excluding mycoplasma and borrelia. When the research first came out of Canada tying certain blood cancers to XMRV and that anti-virals were having hopeful effect on reversing these, it was quite a revelation, but – sadly – perhaps not so surprising. So many cancers are now tied to infectious causes.

I tried searching xrx you mentioned, but it just came up with a lot of Xerox sites. 😆 Are you able to copy/paste the link into a post here okay?

eann
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I showed slight improvement with low dose Doxy-40 mg/daily. I could not tolerate the larger doses needed to treat Lyme disease of multiple antibiotics. I hung in for 8 months, but it only got worse. My test was positive for Lyme per Igenex, but negative per CDC. I can’t say I put much stock in the CDC however. I am back on the low dose Doxy, but mostly housebound.

If you search for treating xmrv, the Xrx will come up. There is a lot of other info out there on xmrv also. Seems the CDC would like to bury the findings, if possible. Surprised? I do believe we will see more about it in the next few months. 100% of the Lyme patients checked for it were positive. It may be the reason that so many with Lyme cannot get well. It is a retrovirus which causes immune suppression and it affects the nervous system. I have a lot of neurological symptoms.

I agree with you on the infectious cause for so many things. Doctors were too quick to drop this idea when antibiotics were discovered. In the future, they will be forced to look at it again, I think.

Best wishes to all those who struggle, Ann

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.