Home Forums General Discussion New Herbal to Manage RA, Lupus, Psoriasis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyMax
    Participant

I found a new product on the market that has a good science behind it, a chinese herbal, White Peony. There are studies in PubMed with actual persons being treated and the results show it is as effective as Plaquenil and Methotrexate, without the side effects. This herbal balances the immune system, rather than knocking it out, so the problems of infections and cancer do not appear to be an issue. One thing, it takes time to work similar to Plaquenil, up to 6 months to see good results.

The herb appears to be available so far only through Life Extension. Looks good and worth trying if you need additional help with your issues and may be helpful in other conditions not listed, since it takes time and money to run trials against all autoimmune problems. Good luck.

John

Here are some links with additional info …

https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2014/mar2014_Safely-Manage-Autoimmune-Diseases_01.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108611/

sandrabonfield
    Participant

I too looked at this and ordered it a couple of weeks ago. I just wish it didn’t take so long to work, but obviously worth trying
    Sandra

richie
    Participant

Hi John –Are you using this product now ??????
    richie

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi John –Are you using this product now ??????
    richie

Hi Richie,

I added this to my supplements about a week ago at the 3 caps dosage from the studies. I am basically using it to keep myself symptom free. I have not noticed any GI effects of any sort, or anything else for that matter. Picked it up locally, but iHerb has it at a good price if anyone is interested.

John

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Hello John, I bought the peony immune from life extension. You said you were taking 3 caps, may I ask you if yu take them all at once, or morning afternoon evening. My bottle says take one twice a day, but will take more,
    Best
    Sandra

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@sandrabonfield wrote:

Hello John, I bought the peony immune from life extension. You said you were taking 3 caps, may I ask you if yu take them all at once, or morning afternoon evening. My bottle says take one twice a day, but will take more,
    Best
    Sandra

Sandra,

I take one with each meal, so each separately, the only reason is all the studies showed this dose, not the 2 on the bottle and they did not have any real side effects other than GI, which passed anyway. It does take a while to kick in, not sure if a loading dose would help it out much, but figure on waiting a few months to see anything. I asked my dog’s vet (Chinese) , who is a Master Chinese herbalist trained in China, and treats most of his patient, including cancer (which he has put in remission without drugs), with his own herbal mixes, about the peony and he said it was very safe and works very well, he uses it in a number of his mixes too. I am trying to talk him into making a mix of something for my issues, but since I am human he is hesitant so far. I hope you will post your progress when things happen, one way or another. Good luck.

John

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help
    Sandra

Anonymous
    Participant

thanks for posting this! I’m going to look into it as well.

elee1222
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. My order is on the way.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a question re. to this herb. Since it was posted awhile ago, I wonder if any of you have taken it. I would like to try it but want to know if any of you have any luck with it. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi there everyone,
    I’m so interested to see if anyone has continued on with the White Peony and what sort of results you are getting, i have ordered a couple of bottles from iherb, but would love to hear how you all are.
    Thanks Milo

rurumelb
    Participant

Hi, for anyone that tried white peony, is it possible to post an update about how it went? Thanks a lot

Calida
    Participant

My husband has been using the Peony for about 6 months and found it helped his knees more than anything he’s tried over the years. He played football for about 15 years and has had three surgeries, all meniscus repair, and has arthritis. I can’t feel what he feels but it’s nice to see him using the stairs and carrying heavy objects without limping and swelling.

Cali

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

rurumelb
    Participant

Thanks for the response, I think I will definitely give it a go.

Anonymous
    Participant

Iherb sell it as a tea. Is it the one?
    Linda L.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.