Home Forums General Discussion New Board

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    suera
    Participant

Am I the only one who doesn't like this new format? I find it very cumbersome.

The old board was user friendly, it seems like this is the same format as Rheumatic Support uses and since they have switched there aren't half as many posts. Oh well I guess I'll just have to get used to it.:(

I do like the little faces though.

Sue

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Sue,

It's what we're used to.  I also feel as if I don't like this board so you're not the only one.  We'll become proficient in using it and then wonder how we ever got on with the old one. Practice…practice.

dianaw
    Participant

:doh: I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOURT- POOR ROSEMARY FROM AUSTRALIA- IS REALLEY UPSET – IHOPE SHE JUST TRYS THE NEW SITE

BarbK
    Participant

Sue, you are not the only one.

Sentimental fool that I am, I printed out the old BB the night before it was taken down.  Like saying good-bye to a loved one.

I too, liked the old one better for its plain efficient oversight.  This here seems like just a blog to me.

So, while I am playing “Hold on tight to your dreams”, the Honda commercial song, which I downloaded, I am trying to read through posts and posters.

And while I'm whining about the “past”, I do think it's nice to finally know where everybody lives, and I do find everybody's Avatar a funny fun addition.  Mine is actually my desktop, all 19 inches of peaceful greenery with this brilliant Tucan on a branch.

So, take heart, Sue – we'll get used to it in no time!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sue
    If you read my post and the thread about posting on the new Board, (on both this and the old Board) I have tried to advocate for some simplcity for the very reasons you have cited. Perhaps, if we work together, we can combine some 21st century technology with the simplicity and accessibility that the old Board was so great for. I believe that we'll lose alot of people if we over-complicate, because the thing that made the old Board the best (IMHO) was its utter simplicity and accessibility. I have noticed that many “old board” posters have not yet come across and I'm wondering if they will. I so hope we dont lose alot of people.
    However, I urge people to speak up like you have rather than just vote with their feet. Cheers 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

suera
    Participant

Thanks, at least it makes me feel better that I am not the only one who longs to live in the past not only with the old board but how about before all these stupid illnesses!! Anyway I wish this board had the listing of all who replied. Sometimes a topic wouldn't interest me but what certain posters had to say would, so I would open that topic. More often than not I was glad I did open it because it would end up holding interest for me but without those tag lines I never would have opened the topic.

Feel better,

Sue

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sue. I agree with you completely. Sometimes, if I used to see a certain name , I'd make sure to look in on a thread that at first glance didnt seem to be on 'my stuff' and O'd often pick up something very interesting or, conversely, be able to add something to the discussion. With the new format, there is a sense of having doors in front of everything, of having to specifically open each door to access  the room and, once there, to look in each window. We've lost the ability to skim at the moment and will have to make decisions about what we have time to look at each day.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Suzanne
    Participant

Change is never easy LOL.  I want to point out that a lot of people said they did not like the old board!  More than once, a question would pop up on Arth. Found., and sombody would say, “Why don't you ask this on RB, to get more replies?” and the poster would say they just couldn't get the hang of the board.

My least favorite type of board is yahoo.  I can't follow those at all, so I am thankful for this format! 

How do I try to keep from missing good info on a thread with a topic I didn't think would interest me?  If it keeps bumping back to the top, there must be something good in there! 

Also, with this format, if you don't get replies, or you see a question drop down unanswered, you can 'bump' back it up.  

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ New Board’ is closed to new replies.