Home Forums General Discussion Neural therapy for chronic pain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share our most recent experience with neural therapy (very much beginners to the therapy), and just to find out if anyone else has had this kind of therapy, and what their experiences were.

Quick bit of info for those of you who don’t know. My mother in law suffers from Scleroderma/Lyme/etc. As of a few years ago, she developed neuropathy in her feet, and having had a mini-stroke, the foot pain has really hindered her recovery process from the stroke (mobility, walking, etc).

The pains in her feet are a real mystery… well, its not, because its a very common complaint for people with scleroderma. But we’ve tried so many things to help her, so far with little joy. Regular vitamin B injections, Alpha Lipoic Acid supplementation, magnesium, massages, ultrasound therapy, TENS unit therapy, stretches, hot/cold… the list goes on! Yet nothing helps

We found a Dr who does neural therapy… a very low dose injection of local anaesthetic, designed to reprogram/reset the nerve messaging system, in order to disrupt and clear out the pain messages and signals being sent to the brain (or something like that!) We’ve so far only been for one ‘trial’ session, the Dr explaining that he would try a little to see if it functioned, before initiating full treatment. For my mother in laws foot pain, he administered a number of injections in her mid-back (nothing in her leg, foot etc). Within a few hours, she said to us that “I have not felt like this in over two years, I am calm with NO pain…”!!!

Quite amazing really… unfortunately since the session (Thursday), the pain has returned, which I think is to be expected given it was a trial run on low dosage. We are due to speak to the DR tomorrow, when I suppose another session/subsequent sessions will be arranged for a more regular administration of the anaesthetic, the idea being that over time the amount of pain should gradually decrease.

We will report back after some more sessions to let you know how it goes, hopefully someone may read this and give it a go themselves if they are suffering from similar pain problems.

Has anyone on this forum done the therapy before, and could share their experience? Or perhaps someone out there knows more than we currently do about the therapy and could share some wisdom?! We feel fairly confident that its a good option for MIL to take, but we always really appreciate a second opinion (and third, fourth, fifth too..!)

Many thanks to everyone and we hope you are all staying safe in these still-uncertain times.

---

Here for my Mother In Law.

Scleroderma 30+ years, Lyme/Bartonella (perhaps 30+ years too, diagnosed in October 2019), Hypothyroid, Anemia (of chronic diseases we think?), Neuropathy, Mini-stroke/brain lesions Oct 2019, Candida.

Current Meds:
    **Minocin 100mg x2 day, every day. **Rifampin 300mg 1x day MWF. **75mcg Levothyroxine. **5mg Prednisone. **Clopidogrel 75mg. **300mg Fluconazole every Sunday. **300mg Gabapentin. **LDN 4.5mg.

Current Supps:
    Vitamin B-complex, C, D, E. Potassium Glucona

Linda L
    Participant

For her pains in the feet, have you tried a good massage?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.