Home Forums General Discussion Neprinol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    eann
    Participant

I believe the original formula is now called Serracor-NK. I am trying to order this supplement and I wondered if others could tell me where it might be ordered from most economically?

Also how many tabs./day do you find helpful. Dr. C recommends Lumbrikonase, if you can afford it, but secondly Nattokinase.

Does anyone use Lumbrokinase rather than the Serracor-NK? Has one worked better than the other for anyone?

Money is kind of tight right now and I would appreciate any imput.

Kim
    Participant

Hi eann,

My experience with ordering the Neprinol/Serrakor NK is that they all seem to sell it for list price so I try to get the best deal on shipping.  It is frightfully expensive, but I would do without most other supplements before I'd give up that one because it has done me a world of good.  When I told Dr. C. how much it has helped me I'm not sure he was familiar with it, but does recommend a number of the ingredients individually.

When I first started taking it I took a much larger starting dose than what is on the label, anywhere from 8-12 day on an empty stomach.  Now I take 2-4 daily for maintenance.

Take care…..kim

Parisa
    Participant

I just received this e-mail.  It appears there was a lawsuit between the makers of Neprinol and Serracor-NK.

Joint Announcement

Date: June 12, 2010.

Arthur Andrew Medical Inc. and Biomedic Labs, LLC are pleased to
    announce that they have amicably settled the lawsuit between them.

In order to avoid any confusion regarding the company?s respective
    products, Arthur Andrew Medical and Biomedic Labs wish to clarify
    certain things regarding their products.

Arthur Andrew Medical is the only manufacturer of Neprinol

eann
    Participant

Kim, thanks for the info. I found a place where shipping was free and went with that. I see you were able to reduce your dose as time went on. That's good because it saves money.

I don't have SD like you, just RA/Lyme. My blood has always been a little thick, as long as I can remember. My H&H is always at the top of normal or above, even when I am well hydrated. So, I am using it for circulation and maybe it helps with biofilms too?

Parisa, thanks for the article. I couldn't get the link to work for me. I did see on Biomedic's site that they still claim they have the original formula. I also saw a blog where many were changing to their product, as the Neprinol was not having the same effects for them.

Hope this product helps with circulation and begins to help with the pain.

eann
    Participant

Can Neprinol be taken with anything else? Probiotics? Antibiotics? Supplements? I have been having trouble scheduling everything apart from everything else.

I've been taking the Neprinol on a totally empty stomach, but only able to get it in twice a day. It would help if I could combine it with antibiotics or probiotics. I take Amoxicillin 4 times a day and try to take probiotics around this. Gets confusing.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1962]eann[/user] wrote:

Can Neprinol be taken with anything else? Probiotics? Antibiotics? Supplements? I have been having trouble scheduling everything apart from everything else.

I've been taking the Neprinol on a totally empty stomach, but only able to get it in twice a day. It would help if I could combine it with antibiotics or probiotics. I take Amoxicillin 4 times a day and try to take probiotics around this. Gets confusing.

Hi Eann,

Juggling 4x daily abx with supps can be really difficult when some have to be taken on an empty stomach and some with food, as well as keeping a two hour window either way with abx.

Have you considered asking your LLMD if he would switch you out from Amoxy to Moxatag ER?

http://moxatag.com/

This is a pretty new amoxy that came out a year or so ago and LLMDs are finding it superior to regular amoxy as it gives a more even, extended release and keeps up the pressure on spirochetes without the rising and falling serum levels of immediate release amoxy in multiple doses. For Lyme, it's usually taken in doses of 775mg twice a day (with food). This would give you a 12 hour span between doses and more ease of dosing with your supps.

I took Moxatag for about 8 months and tolerated it really well with no problems. It was also fantastic for bringing down my anti-CCP. The herx at the beginning was a good 'un, but well worth it for the benefits when that passed.

Just a thought, but maybe worth asking Dr. C?

Peace, Maz

eann
    Participant

Maz, that sounds like a good idea. Dr. C has ordered Augmentin for me to take next. I think you can take it either every 8 or 12 hours. I have about 10 days left of the regular Amoxicillin, so I will just have to tough it out.

I don't know the difference between Augmentin and Moxatag? Sound pretty much the same. Amoxicillin has been helping me and I would like to stay on it for some time, if possible. Also think it is time to add another antibiotic along with it.

I return to Dr. C in about 3 weeks for my second visit. Looking forward to it as I understand things a lot better now and have a lot of questions for him.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Kim
    Participant

There is an excellent article on Neprinol Randy sent some time ago.  It's a PDF file that I can't figure out how to post here so if any of you computer geeks know how to do it I'll email you the file and you can post it, or anyone can PM me their email and I'll send it that way.

Take care…..kim

Maz
    Keymaster

I don't know the difference between Augmentin and Moxatag? Sound pretty much the same. Amoxicillin has been helping me and I would like to stay on it for some time, if possible. Also think it is time to add another antibiotic along with it.

I return to Dr. C in about 3 weeks for my second visit. Looking forward to it as I understand things a lot better now and have a lot of questions for him.

Eann, Moxatag is just an extended-release form of amoxicillin. So, it's exactly the same as the amoxy you're on, just formulated to be released in stages (as per description on the website link posted above).

A good addition to any of the cillins is Diflucan, as per the Shardt Protocol for Lyme. I think I posted the study to this on Jaydee's new thread. Although an anti-fungal (a good thing while on high dose, longterm penicillin), it also has some effect on the P450 cytochrome, a detoxification pathway in the liver…but this also inhibits the spirochetes in some fashion, so it makes a good adjunct to amoxy. If you're doing well on amoxy, so far, and haven't plateaued out (as per your labs), then adding Diflucan at this point would be a good broad protocol to be on. It's also a common protocol used by LLMDs. You can find info on this on http://www.LymeInfo.net 

http://www.lymeinfo.net/lymediseasetreatment.html

Hope this helps, Eann.

Peace, Maz

PS Augmentin is another beta-lactam “cillin” abx with slightly broader spectrum of activity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmentin

hopefulmama
    Participant

I've also been wondering what I can take Neprinol with and how far apart to space things.  I'm still waiting to get on AP until I can see the Dr in two weeks but for now am taking Moducare (4/day), Vitamin E (400iu), Vitamin D3 (4000iu), EPA-DHA (about 800 a day?) and B12.  Oh, and prevacid 30mg (proton pump inhibitor) due to my GI problems. 

Been wondering if it is ok to combine Neprinol with the fish oils since it says not to take with coumadin or warfarin, and those are blood thinners just like fish oils. 

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!!  This has been on my mind tonight.

hopefulmama
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the Devacor advice.  I am wondering if it will fulfill the same function that the PPI is supposed to be filling.  I have esophageal dysmotility and was told that it is very important to take the PPI so that I don't have silent reflux while sleeping that can get into my lungs and cause interstitial lung disease or aspiration pneumonia.  I haven't researched much into PPIs but I am not thrilled about taking it as I have heard that it the PPIs can cause changes to the lining of the esophagus and also cause polyps to form.  If Devacor can fill the same function, but naturally, that would be the best of all worlds!

Thanks for any further advice you may have about this… I am definitely open to making the switch!

Htran
    Participant

Neprinol can be taken with all drugs and dietary supplements except for blood thinners such as Warfarin and Coumadin. Enzymes can thin the blood and so Neprinol could potentially magnify this effect. Probiotics are fine to take with enzymes. You take Neprinol on an empty stomach as the enzymes will be used to digest and break up your food if not taken on an empty stomach. The post you read about Serracor was created by a website that sells Serracor. The 2 main differences in Neprinol and Serracor are:

Neprinol has a much stronger enzyme activity (strength) than Serracor, but no enteric coating.

Serracor is weaker in strength but they claim to have 2 enterically coated enzymes.

I have asked both companies about enteric coating. One company says its unnecessary and expensive. The other company says it protects the enzymes from stomach acid. There is a mention of this debate on http://www.neprinol.org . Other than that I didn't see any studies for or against enteric coating.

I like both products and both work for me. I do take less of the Neprinol though to relieve my arthritic knees. I scanned the graph below from a postcard I received from the company I buy my enzymes from. I apologize if its a bit blurry.

Harry Tran

RBFV EDIT: The Fibrinolytic-activity-graph.jpg attachment was removed, as per forum guidelines re: copyrighted and commercial materials being posted on this forum.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2598]Htran[/user] wrote:

Neprinol can be taken with all drugs and dietary supplements except for blood thinners such as Warfarin and Coumadin. Enzymes can thin the blood and so Neprinol could potentially magnify this effect.

HTran,

I use Neprinol, as do many here, although while I was on Moxatag (extended release amoxicillin), I had to stop it for that period of time (10 months) due to quite a bit of bruising. Amoxicillin can affect clotting times. In the high amoxy doses taken by some Lyme patients here, using Neprinol concommitantly can be a problem, as it can cause excessive thinning of blood.

Another example is the supplement MSM, which many here also use and can cause blood thinning…Neprinol might also be contraindicated in this sort of instance, too.

So, there are some supps and meds that probably shouldn't be taken with Neprinol in the context of the medications used here by some folk and it's important to add that while Neprinol is a great supplementary adjunct to antibiotic therapy where there is a lot of inflammation and, potentially, sticky blood, it's only prudent that each person check with their doctor on all meds and supps they are taking before adding Neprinol to their protocol.

Htran, do you have a rheumatic disease and take antibiotic therapy?

Peace, Maz

PhilC
    Participant

[user=2598]Htran[/user] wrote:

Neprinol can be taken with all drugs and dietary supplements except for blood thinners such as Warfarin and Coumadin. Enzymes can thin the blood and so Neprinol could potentially magnify this effect.

I would also be careful about taking systemic enzyme products like Neprinol with fish oil as well as aspirin and other NSAIDs. Ginkgo biloba is another one. I remember reading about a guy who was taking Ginkgo biloba and ibuprofen and had a stroke.

Htran,

Where did you get the graph that you posted?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Htran – welcome to Road Back Forum.

Just to let you know, when you post information such as this, Forum guidelines state that you need to cite the source from which you obtained it. If this is material from a commercial site promoting a particular product, then it contravenes our guidelines. See Guidelines 1 and 4 below.

We would ask that you edit your post to add the source of the graph you posted. Should it have been taken from a commercial site promoting one of the products mentioned, we request you to edit the post and remove it.

RBF Administrator

FORUM GUIDELINES: 

1. Please do not advertise or make use of the forum for any commercial purpose [/*:252zjdji]
    2. Please do not post the names of physicians. Initials are acceptable [/*:252zjdji]
    3. Please keep the support forum?s primary focus on questions about, experiences with or information related to antibiotic protocols (AP) for rheumatic diseases and/or supporting measures that may enhance the therapy [/*:252zjdji]
    4. Please do not post copyrighted materials. All sources of quoted information must be appropriately referenced [/*:252zjdji]
    5. Please do not engage in flaming (personal attacks on any support forum user)

RBF retains the right to remove posts which violate the above guidelines and to block any user who consistently disregards them.  [/*:252zjdji]

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1&forum_id=1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ Neprinol’ is closed to new replies.