Home Forums General Discussion Need the experts advice.. :) Latest updates of my fight..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tbird2340
    Participant

Krys asked that I create a post with my history etc..

You can find some detail on my onset here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1480

I was dx’d with RA on 12/08.. Then I was dx’d with Lyme on 4/10.. I’ve never really herxed that I know of after adding things to my protocol.. The past 4 months or so I started to go downhill.. Posted on here asking advice and some said to possibly try a 2 week washout.. I did that (stopped all abx) and it really made no difference..

I went to my LLMD this past Tuesday and explained to him how much pain I’ve been in.. After talking some he said to try going off all abx for a month, drink at least 80oz of water a day, strict gluten free diet, and stay on the Amazon A-F and he added a few other supplements..

He also prescribed hydrocodone to take 4x a day along with the Ibuprofen.. Now, that is the only new thing I’ve added (so far, still need to order the supplements he told me to).. I added them on Wednesday and stopped the ABX on Wednesday.. Other than that, I’m pretty much on the same stuff (Amazon A-F and Ibuprofen)..

The last 2-3 days it seems like I’m WORSE in the morning.. I dont’ know how that can be with MORE pain meds than before but alas, it is.. Could the hydrocodone be causing a herx?

Meds w/ Dates below:

Supplements / Vitamins
    Pure Encapsulations Buffered Ascorbic Acid
    Designs For Health – Probiotic Synergy 120
    Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D3 5000 IU
    Amazon A-F (3) 2X Daily

Prescription
    5/11 – Increased Minocin 100mg 4X Daily
    5/12 – Restarted Clarithromycin 500MG (1)2X Daily
    5/12 – Misoprostol 100MCG (1)2X Daily
    4/12 – Ibuprofen 800MG – (1) 2X Daily

Past Medications
    8/10- 5/11 – Clarithromycin 500MG (1)2X Daily
    2/11 – 5/11 – Hyaluronic Acid 6X Daily (Pure Encapsulations)
    12/10 – Curcumin 500 with Bioperine 2X Daily (Pure Encapsulations)
    12/10 – Olive Leaf Extract 500mg 2X Daily (Pure Encapsulations)
    8/10-Famciclovir 500MG (1)3X Daily – Stopped 11/10
    4/10 -Increased Minocin 100mg X2 Daily

gordbentley
    Participant

maybe your taking too much? the original minocycline protocol suggests low dose with an appropriate diet is more effective than high dose.

tbird2340
    Participant

Possible but I was taking the 400mg for a long time with no ill effects..

Thanks for the reply.

gordbentley
    Participant

Maybe set back and consider foods you are eating. refined sugar, dairy, nightshades?? I read your gluten free which is great, but when you give up gluten you give up a major source of magnesium and selenium which are vital to immune health.

wildschild
    Participant

I was on Hydrocodone for awhile but it seemed that when I would take it I would be worse ( I have RA as well). I told my doctor and she switched me to Hydromorphone. I seem to be doing better on it as far as pain meds go.
    Nancy

tbird2340
    Participant

@wildschild wrote:

I was on Hydrocodone for awhile but it seemed that when I would take it I would be worse ( I have RA as well). I told my doctor and she switched me to Hydromorphone. I seem to be doing better on it as far as pain meds go.
    Nancy

Wow, really? That’s actually comforting.. I would have to think that’s what it is because as bad as I’ve felt lately I definitely feel worse since starting this a few days ago..

PhilC
    Participant

Hi tbird2340,

Have you ever taken Flagyl (metronidazole) or Tindamax (tinidazole)?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

tbird2340
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi tbird2340,

Have you ever taken Flagyl (metronidazole) or Tindamax (tinidazole)?

Phil

I don’t think so.. I’m pretty sure all the meds I’ve taken are in my list.

Thanks, Tom

tbird2340
    Participant

Stopped the Hydrocodone today and my LLMD called in Tramadol 50mg so I’ll try that for pain..

He also agreed to write a script for me to start LDN so I hope I have as good of results as others.

Krys
    Participant

Tom, while filling rx for LDN, make sure calcium carbonate is NOT used as a filler. It may act as a slow release agent and annul any benefits of LDN. Make the pharmacy make a note on your chart never to use calcium carbonate as a filler. I mentioned good fast release fillers on LDN thread.
    I believe my LDN has wrong filler and that’s the reason my experience was not good.
    Krys

PhilC
    Participant

Tom,

Are you taking any antibiotics currently?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

rakep55
    Participant

Hello. Can you help me? I’m looking for an LLMD in the Portland, OR area. It would be great if the doctor accepted medicare. Thanks, Peggy

tbird2340
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Tom,

Are you taking any antibiotics currently?

Phil

Sorry Phil.. I missed this post.

No, currently I am not. I stopped as of my last appointment (10/2). Currently I’m taking:

LDN 3mg
    Ibuprofen 800mg x 3
    Misoprostol 100mcg x 3 (to help with liver from Ibuprofen)

Vitamin D 5000iu
    Vitamin C
    Amazon A-F
    Kril Oil (2 a day for first month)
    Fish Oil (2000mg per day)
    Probiotics 2 a day

gratefulgirl
    Participant

@gordbentley wrote:

Maybe set back and consider foods you are eating. refined sugar, dairy, nightshades?? I read your gluten free which is great, but when you give up gluten you give up a major source of magnesium and selenium which are vital to immune health.

Hey Tom, just to emphasize what Gordbently mentions here, I supplement w both Magnesium & Selenium. Magnesium seems to be really lacking in my cellular make-up. Perhaps the bugs are eating Mg up. Oh, important to mention, I’m NOT gluten-free & I still need tons of Magnesium. I know I mentioned it in the LDN post, but I FEEL stiffness and discomfort creeping in when I miss one of my q 4 hr Magnesium doses @ 125 mg (Mg Taureate). More can be found on the LDN thread about this :).

I wish you comfort & health real soon!!!! GG

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.