Home Forums General Discussion Need Help – lab result shows pseudomonas from cough sputum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

I have been on minocycline for over a year MWF twice a day. I had pneumonia in 2016 before I started treating RA. Even though my chest X-ray did clear up, I kept a morning cough with phlegm and color every day. Chest X-rays have remained clear but the cough worsened in December and I saw my pulmonologist who did another chest X-ray and cough sputum. X-ray was clear again in December but the lab came back showing a moderate growth of pseudomonas aeruginosa. He wanted to start me on Levaquin but I’m afraid to take this drug after hearing about the horrible side effects and having RA. I have not been in a hospital to contract this so he said there are more choices to treat.
    I searched on this site for info but didn’t find a lot of info. Has anyone had this and have any suggestions? I am not sick but just have had a more frequent, deep cough that is loose with a lot of mucus. The doc started me on Augmentin for 10 days and told me to stop the minocycline so I’m also concerned and RA symptoms coming back. My RA labs were checked in August 2018 and the mino had brought the labs down to normal range in just a year of the mino.
    Thank you for any help. I am very concerned and a little anxious. I use essential oils and read on this site that someone had posted something about oregano and this bacteria.

Diagnosed 2014 RA and hypothyroid-no symptoms
    2015-symptoms start and start treatment for thyroid
    MTHFR- one copy of A1298C
    Mycoplasma pneumonie, Ab, IgG
    EBV- VCA IgG, EBV-EAIgG, NA igG
    Current meds:Minocycline - Torrent 100 mg MWF- 2x, Levothyroxine 88mcg, Liothyronine 5 mcg - 2x daily Ranitidine 150mg -2x, Nasacort, ibuprofen-200 mg daily - nothing for pain since May 2018
    Supplements: Thyrolife Optima, Fish oil, vitamin D -5000 daily, magnesium glycinate- 100 mg, probiotic 25 billion
    Food sensitiv

Spiffy1

Ooooh, yikes. It is my fear of what to do if I need to take another antibiotic and am told to get off minocyclene. I will tell you that when I had to do a wash out of Doxycycline for two weeks before taking the Lyme test through Igenex I did fine. I wished I had an answer for you. Maybe if you treat this infection it will help you in the long run? Levaquin is a toughy. I feel for you. Let us know what you decided to do and how you are doing.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

SS
    Participant

Hi
    Just would like to know about the Side effects of Levaquin for RA.
    I have not taken it but my new doc prescribed for it for me.
    Thanks
    ss

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.