Home Forums General Discussion Nausea

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Crippledsteve
    Participant

Anybody have any ideas how to combat nausea? I take 100mg before bed and have waves of nausea throughout the day iv only started back on the antibiotics a week after I took a break and they are working great for the pain already. does the nausea get easier as the body gets use to them ?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Holy smokes Steve,you sound like me when I started AP.The only way to avoid nausea and burning stomach/esophagus was to take the mino with a good meal that is low in iron and calcium.Never lie down for a couple hours after taking it.I learned the hard way.

Crippledsteve
    Participant

Thanks so much Lynne I am going to skip the mono before bed and take it in the evening with dinner maybe skip the steak for dinner also. Did your nausea resolve over time ?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

HI steve;
    YES and it did not take more than a few days.I found that taking digestive enzymes 30 minutes before a meal moved the food from the stomach to the gut much faster and there was nothing left in the stomach to come up and burn my throat.They worked very well so you might want to do a little Googling on them.I found the best were made by GNC,this brand has at least 16 different enzymes e.g. one for meat,one for cellulose,one for lactose etc etc. An other very good one is by Enzyme Force that I get on Amazone.The prices are comparable.The GNC was around 35$ for 240 capsules.I take 2 before a heavy meal or one with a snack.If interested Google …benefits of digestive enzymes on digestive enzymes for rheumatic diseases…Lots of info,just be smart enough to look at the science side and not all the B.S. some sites have.

Crippledsteve
    Participant

Thanks so much I have good digestive enzymes but never used them I will start them tomorrow, should I space them out from when I take my minocin. I will do some more research also appreciate it.

vinny
    Participant

I have been using Minocycline since 2008, at least 100mg a day. I take it when I get up in the morning on an empty stomach. Be sure to drink a full glass of water to be certain the pill clears the esophagus.I use a coated extended release tablet which in theory is easier on the stomach. I use a brand called Minoz from Allday Chemist. Minocycline should not cause stomach problems if your gut is healthy. However most of us with these diseases do not have healthy guts. I use Align probiotic and have done the best on that brand. I helped my stomach issues tremendously by going gluten free for over 2 years to heal my celiacs disease. It is not uncommon for us to have more than one autoimmune disease. my last colonoscopy was clean for the first time in 10 years with no polyps or diviticui pitting.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Crippledsteve
    Participant

Thanks so much vinny ! Glad to hear your a long term user this gives me hope. My digestion is screwed since this all began. I took my mino with my dinner last night and didn’t lay down for a while I don’t seem to have any nausea today and pain is way down 🙂 also I was on the gluten free diet and I felt great I have restarted it from today.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.