Home Forums General Discussion mycoplasma screening test

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    1-2-b-healthyagain
    Participant

Hi everyone!  I am very interested in the AP protocal for my RA…but before starting I would like to be tested to see if I am positive for the mycoplasma.  I found someone to write the prescription for lab work but she needs to know exactly what to write on the script so that it will be the proper test…she told me there are multiple labs listed under mycoplasma.  Please HELP me!!  Thank you so much in advance! 🙂

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

That's a good question! I would like to know an answer to that too. Is there a different test for mycoplasma if you have scleroderma?

tbird2340
    Participant

[user=924]1-2-b-healthyagain[/user] wrote:

Hi everyone!  I am very interested in the AP protocal for my RA…but before starting I would like to be tested to see if I am positive for the mycoplasma.  I found someone to write the prescription for lab work but she needs to know exactly what to write on the script so that it will be the proper test…she told me there are multiple labs listed under mycoplasma.  Please HELP me!!  Thank you so much in advance! 🙂

You'll have to get me one of those scripts as well! 😉

Will it be covered under your insurance do you know?

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

That's ANOTHER good question (the insurance one) LOL I am just hithchiking onto everyone's questions in this post lol:roll-laugh:

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=924]1-2-b-healthyagain[/user] wrote:

Hi 1-2-b,

If you go to the link below, you will find info on the Arthritis Research Center in MD. This was the lab that Dr Brown used and Dr Coker-Vann, the lady who worked alongside Dr Brown still runs the lab. She is apparently wonderful to speak with, if you should call to ask about tests and you should get a ton of good information for your doc. Alternatively, your doc may be willing to call. They should also be able to give you information on what is covered by insurance or not.

http://www.tarci.net/

Peace, Maz

1-2-b-healthyagain
    Participant

Thanks  you for the info…every little bit helps!!;)

tbird2340
    Participant

Post back and let us know what you find out!

Thanks

m.
    Participant

Yes, do the TARCI test.

Mycoplasma antibodies. If you have not started antibiotics, mycoplasma antigen by PCR. You can test negative for antibodies, but still test positive for the antigen. So, important to get both. If you've started antibiotics or have been on antibiotics recently, it is likely to give you a false negative on the PCR.

Be sure to do the ASO strep titers.

And chlamydia (s).

You or your MD can call the lab at TARCI with any questions and/or to request a test kit.

ponytails
    Participant

I was going to update/post something similar.

For LD – I called and ordered the test kit from Igenex.

I also called “Tarci” – spoke to a lovely person – turned out to be Dr. Vann!!!

So I hope that next week I can be tested for LD and Mycoplasma infections.

If I understood correctly, Tarci tests for M. fermentans, homini, salivarium, pneumoniae (sp?).   

I was previously tested by Quest for M. Pn – will be interesting to compare any change in those levels. 

Back to understanding Tarci – I am gathering they do not test for other Mycoplasma?

I am thinking not – and I might make a list of other M's and go to Quest – just to see.

Other than what Tarci tests for what are considered the other “biggies” in regards to Mycoplasma?    Ureaplasma, genitalium, penetrans.    ?

Chlamydia pneumoniae?   

Again, my symptoms fit CFS, Fibro, Sjogren's – as well Lyme.  

Elevated WBC.    Macrocytic anemia – which I think is low/large red blood cells?

Interesting – my reading this evening – I think I ran across something to do with large red cells.     I was researching mycoplasma, L-form bacteria – so much info – now I have forgotten.   I think I was thinking that somewhere there was a connection in regards to my weird red blood cells – which I have not seen/read about anywhere else.     I wish I had remembered to mention that to Dr. Vann – we did discuss my white WBC.      

I will of course post my results.   So many here have helped/advised me – I hope to help others in some way.      Kindly,  Susan    – so tired and confused – cannot think another thought.

Kim
    Participant

Again, my symptoms fit CFS, Fibro, Sjogren's – as well Lyme.  

My money would be on the Lyme.  I keep reading more and more doctors say that most CFS and Fibro are undiagnosed Lyme.  Be sure you get copies of the Lyme test because your doctor may just report back that it says “negative” which is a joke if you hit on Lyme-specific bands, but don't meet the CDC guidelines.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ mycoplasma screening test’ is closed to new replies.