Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads My story with Psoriatic Arthritis

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chlo888
    Participant

In Sept 2011 I woke up limping. My ankle was tight as if I’d sprained it. Within weeks the pain had spread to both ankles and my achilles. I went to a Rheumy and by Nov was dx’ed with psa…My rheumy said I needed to start Enbrel or Humira immediately. That was 3 weeks ago. I convinced him to write me a prescription for Mino instead of Humira and am on 100 mg 2 x a day. The improvement was immediate; almost the next day. My pain was reduced but to be honest I also cut out all sugar and gluten and dairy at exactly the same time so I am not sure the improvement is solely due to the Mino.

As I write this my symptoms have plateaued and I am looking to be symptom free but still have a long way to go. I am now on a diet of no sugar, dairy, corn, soy,or grains (still taking the Mino). I am also considering the Alcat test to discover what foods I’m sensitive to.

I will keep my journey updated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.