Home Forums General Discussion My herxing – or is it??

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Manda
    Participant

Thanks for the info Casey.

Just wanted to say that it.. went away. No wonder I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes.. 😉 symptoms come and go and I don't know what's herxing and what's an additional issue. I didn't bother with the Trimethoprim antibiotics after all.

This gastro-like issue has finally passed, and over the last few days, I'm not tasting things normally. I'm taking a deep breath, assuming it's yet another reaction to the bug dieing, and trying not to let it get to me. (My favourite banana / chocolate smoothies now taste like grass smoothies.. and many things have either lost their flavour or taste kinda metallic.) Still, I'm trying to see the funny side to it.

My hips still hurt, but when it gets really bad, I take naprogesic (mydol-like pills in the US, but without the caffiene).. they work! 😀 I also have a loud ringing in my ears. But other than all that, I'm doing much better, thank you!

I also made a decision which took the pressure off. I am not going to stress about trying for a child within 2 years. I want to concentrate on getting better and an education. If a kid doesn't happen within 2 years, and we're not in a position (either financially or my health wise), then I just won't have one. Simple as that. To be honest, from what the doctor tells me, it's gunna be a very difficult time for me medically speaking anyway.. I think a dog would be more understanding if I can't take it for a walk that day than a baby would be about feeding etc. :roll-laugh:

Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions and support, and not telling me I'm crazy. 😛

Tiff
    Participant

Manda,

I'm glad you have some peace about the child decision.  But my heart goes out to you.  It makes me angry at this blasted disease that someone desiring a child has to go without.  It might be a good choice to have time to health though.  Our family got a puppy a year after I was treated for thyroid cancer.  It was an act of faith that life would go on.  She is delightful, but I find now that as my kids are high school age, it is hard to give her enough attention.  And when I am hit hard, I can't even take her out and feed her!  I worry about that when my kids leave home.  So, imagining caring for a baby is REALLY scary to me.  But there is always hope.

tish
    Participant

tell me about your bladder symptoms, you're the only one that has had bladder problems.  i have had the starting of a bladder infection, like it's part of my disease then it will go away the next day.  it's miserable don't know.  please let me hear from you.

tish
    Participant

i have been taking d-mannose 2 times daily since dec. it is a different kind of sugar, doesn't taste bad  i get uti like symptoms, then it will go away next day.  it stumps me and after being tested the uro thinks it's my disease. these doctors.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ My herxing – or is it??’ is closed to new replies.