Home Forums General Discussion MTHFR and Methylation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

For those interested in hearing more about MTHFR and Methylation, there’s an interesting webinar through Hawthorn University on 18 August. Find out more at this link:

http://tinyurl.com/ose3tpm

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks, Lynnie, I’ve signed up.

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Spiffy

I am signed up! Thank you!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

I really enjoyed the webinar tonight. I do plan on listening to the next one! I sure wish we did not have it, but we do. I feel that if Lyme had not gotten involved I would still be my normal self. Lyme was the catalyst for my physical breakdown. I really wonder where this will take me. Acceptance is a good thing. I am getting there. I have two grandmothers with a 100 year lifespan. No RA or autoimmunity besides low thyroid in one. I wonder if they had gotten Lyme bacteria would they have done so well. Sometimes I wish I had stayed in the south!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Trudi
    Participant

I also enjoyed the webinar. The presenter, Coleen Walsh, described the MTHFR mutation in simple terms.

1. MTHFR is involved in the workings of the Methylation Cycle, which is involved in detoxification, the immune function, energy production, mood balancing, and controlling inflammation;
    2. The Methylation Cycle helps to break down histamine;
    3. When not working properly, it interferes with your ability to process nutrients leading to nutrient deficiencies.

Testing for this mutation is recommended if you have problems with cardiovascular, fertility (miscarriages, birth defects, etc.), autoimmune, mood, and thyroid.

Part 2 will be presented on September 1

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Glad both of you got something out of it (time of webinar not feasible for my part of the world!). Hope Part 2 is equally worth it.

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Lynnie–

They do archive their webinars and you can hear/see it there (Hawthorn University) and others of interest online.

Trudi

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thanks Trudi
    I have done that before. Think they archive some time after?

Be well! Lynnie

Trudi
    Participant

Lynnie–

They said it is archived right away.

Trudi

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Latest one up is 4 August so think it takes a little while. I do search the archives from time to time and have found a few interesting things.

Be well! Lynnie

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Lynnie–
    I received notification that the webinar is archived–
    http://hawthornuniversity.org/WEBINARS/WEBINAR-Archives/

Take care,
    Trudi

Trudi
    Participant

Registration is now open for Part 2 on September 1 for anyone interested:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8509622233345824769

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Lynnie–
    I received notification that the webinar is archived–
    http://hawthornuniversity.org/WEBINARS/WEBINAR-Archives/

Thanks Trudi 😀

Be well! Lynnie

Trudi
    Participant

FYI: Part 2 is now in the archives: MTHFR & your Mood. Are your genes Depressing You?
    http://www.hawthornuniversity.org/WEBINARS/WEBINAR-Archives/

If you don’t want to listen to some misc. information, forward to the 15 minute marker.

I found it very interesting.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.