Home Forums General Discussion MSM results

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Truly I'm feeling a major shift in 6 days and I'm up to 14,000 grams per day.  2 doses of about 7K.  I'm only taking 2 aspirin per day now, one in the AM and now PM. 

I was telling my chiro about this today and he said “keep me posted” .  Forget that glucosomine crap.  It never did anything anyway when I took it years ago.   I've tried SO MUCH over the years and this is the best, MSM…

No more burning feeling in my legs and lower back.  Again truly amazing.  I will continue to work up to a higher dose.   I hope I'm  not jinxing.   jam    

davew
    Participant

That's awesome jamin… I am glad to hear that you are having good results. It makes a great difference in my well being also…

Best to you…

Dave

jaminhealth
    Participant

So happy I found this board or I wouldn't have known.  I've dabbled in MSM over my years, but NEVER took the mega doses in powder.  A real miracle.  Thanks again all.   jam

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi All, Progress Report here:

Today is my 13th day on MSM and I'm up to maybe 16K per day, I backed down a bit but up again.

I was out all day up and down from my bridge game and then some shopping.  Didn't wear my “knee glove” on my right knee and it chilly out there wind blowing in our beach town here in so. cal…winter too.   Anyway, I thought oh my knee is going to be aching and it is NOT.  I'm amazed and so happy.

I've had PT, chiro work, prolotherapy injections, cortisone in this knee, drained 3 times and now finally MSM.  I will continue and again taking very little otc pain stuff.  Much less. 

Talking to a bridge friend who is 87 and she has such a “spring” in her walk and she tells me she's been taking MSM for some time, few years, but I don't think she's taking high doses.  She has RA on her hands but NEVER complains.  She played tennis until 82.

I'm a happy camper,,,,bye now and season greetings to all.  jam   

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Jam,

That is wonderful news, and so good, to feel good at Chrissy time, when we need to have that extra bit of energy, you take care and have the best, and most of all have fun :blush: ……………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

jaminhealth
    Participant

New Progress Report:

I'm up to 20K per day, 10 and 10 and feel better at this dose.  When I drop down I don't feel as good…joint wise.

I pendulum test and my dear RoseAnn said I could take 30K per day so I think I'll bump up a bit more soon.

No detoxing here, don't know why, just never have had that issue.  Why???  I'm curious about that one….

Winter is always harder, even thou I live in a fairly sunny climate but it's still winter.  jam

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

New Progress Report:

I'm up to 20K per day, 10 and 10 and feel better at this dose.  When I drop down I don't feel as good…joint wise.

I pendulum test and my dear RoseAnn said I could take 30K per day so I think I'll bump up a bit more soon.

No detoxing here, don't know why, just never have had that issue.  Why???  I'm curious about that one….

Winter is always harder, even thou I live in a fairly sunny climate but it's still winter.  jam

Hi Jam, I didn't have an issue with detox either, maybe because I drink water with lemon added and my diet is pretty good, no junk, who knows. I am going to up my dose to, I am having a bit more pain since going off Mtx, so will up my dose too.

Who is RoseAnn?………Would you believe we had a bit cooler morning this morning 24c :blush: and I thought that was a bit chilly, oh how I hate the cold.

………..Annie

…………….

jaminhealth
    Participant

Annie/RoseAnn is the name I gave my pendulum.  Rose for the rose quartz stones and Ann for my mom and grandgirl's name and my middle name. 

Pendulum dowsing….it's all energy work.

I  too drink hot/warm water before bedtime with lemon each night.  BUT, maybe I dont' detox since I've been taking Grapeseed Extract so long and my “system” is clean….don't know thou.  For sure…what is for sure anyway.  But the higher dosing of MSM is good.   Take care..jam

Anna
    Participant

[user=807]Rockin Annie[/user] wrote:

[user=970]jaminhealth[/user] wrote:

Hi Jam, I didn't have an issue with detox either

Jo, Annie and jami,

I just started MSM.
    I started from 1/2 tea spoon twice a day for three days(no detox), moved to full tea spoon twice a day and still no DETOX, do you think i could go up faster? Could i try to go up 1/2 tea spoon every one or two days and not every three days?  I just can't wait to go up, you gave me so much hope for MSM….

davew
    Participant

Hi Anna…

I know that you didn't ask me, but I really recommend taking your time building up. I made the mistake of not doing that the first time that I tried MSM and had a terrible hive-like condition develope that was detox. I lost a great deal of sleep with that, the itching was so bad. I immediatly stopped the MSM and it took a few days to clear up.

It took me a long time before I tried again, but I followed directions this time and had no problem.

I'm not saying that this will happen to you, but wanted to share my experience.

Best to you…

Dave

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Can you guys explain to me what you mean when you say “detox”?  Are you sure you don't mean herx?

If I detox faster than my body can expel it, I will develop swelling and pain.  Also, just the disease itself can cause swelling and pain.  But the only way I know I am detoxing effectively is if inflammation and pain are absent.

I mean, its not like my poop goes kerplunk when the detoxed metals hit the toilet.  And biotoxin and neurotoxins pulled from my body aren't visable.  So, what do you mean when you say you had no problem with detox?  No pain? 

Susan

Jo
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Can you guys explain to me what you mean when you say “detox”?  Are you sure you don't mean herx?

If I detox faster than my body can expel it, I will develop swelling and pain.  Also, just the disease itself can cause swelling and pain.  But the only way I know I am detoxing effectively is if inflammation and pain are absent.

I mean, its not like my poop goes kerplunk when the detoxed metals hit the toilet.  And biotoxin and neurotoxins pulled from my body aren't visable.  So, what do you mean when you say you had no problem with detox?  No pain? 

Susan

Let's day that you live in an area where mercury gas from China is in the atmosphere, and/or you eat a lot of fish with mercury in it.  Your liver has significant problems getting rid of this toxin, so it will store it in the fat cells, and in the liver cells themselves.  When you detox with a chelating agent like MSM – that toxin will be pulled from the  cells and flushed from your body.  Too much, too fast will give you mercury poisoning symptoms.

If you were exposed to lead based paint or soil that had absorbed lead toxins from pollution – the same thing, too much, too fast will give you lead poisoning symptoms.

Apparently some drugs and medications also do not dissolve totally and get stored in your liver, and fat cells and  if your stomach acidity is not high enough because you were too focused on reducing acid for a period, or your diet was not sufficiently acidic – even in knots inside your stomach.

Detoxing then would pull these drugs and medications out of these places and flush them from your body – too much, too fast and you re-experience the effects of the drug or medication — I've read examples from medications taken 10 years earlier.

These are the most common and most significant toxic issues. 

Basically, anything your liver couldn't get rid of, it encapsulates and stores someplace. (totally generic description here)  then when you use a cleanse/detox/chelating agent it gets pulled and disposed of.

MSM is a very strong, highly penetrative detox/cleanse/chelating agent.  It will pick up anything your previous detoxing has left behind. 

However, if you have been using detox food and drinks and/or supplements for a long time, then they should have not left anything for the MSM to release, and you are free and clear.

Jo

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Ok.  I am a huge believer in detox and have been detoxing steadily albeit very slowly for 2 yrs under doctor's care.  But it is my understanding that when the toxic sources and the stored toxins are gone, my chronic illness will be gone too.

So, when I have no pain which is most of the time, I figure I am detoxing well and when I swell and hurt, I believe I'm killing faster than I can clear it, or I have eaten too much of what I should not have.

It sounds like you and I are on the same page there and by saying you have no problem with detox, you mean you are not pulling toxins faster than you can clear them.  Cool!

I did not realize MSM was a chelator.  That is another plus in its favor.  I was looking through my meds today and find MSM 1000mg in my Bio-Inflammatory Plus supplement.  Small amounts in other sources too.  I know this is nowhere near the volume you guys are taking, but since I don't hurt most of the time, I will not add another cost to my regime at this time.

Susan

davew
    Participant

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Susan

Let's day that you live in an area where mercury gas from China is in the atmosphere, and/or you eat a lot of fish with mercury in it.  Your liver has significant problems getting rid of this toxin, so it will store it in the fat cells, and in the liver cells themselves.  When you detox with a chelating agent like MSM – that toxin will be pulled from the  cells and flushed from your body.  Too much, too fast will give you mercury poisoning symptoms.

If you were exposed to lead based paint or soil that had absorbed lead toxins from pollution – the same thing, too much, too fast will give you lead poisoning symptoms.

Apparently some drugs and medications also do not dissolve totally and get stored in your liver, and fat cells and  if your stomach acidity is not high enough because you were too focused on reducing acid for a period, or your diet was not sufficiently acidic – even in knots inside your stomach.

Detoxing then would pull these drugs and medications out of these places and flush them from your body – too much, too fast and you re-experience the effects of the drug or medication — I've read examples from medications taken 10 years earlier.

These are the most common and most significant toxic issues. 

Basically, anything your liver couldn't get rid of, it encapsulates and stores someplace. (totally generic description here)  then when you use a cleanse/detox/chelating agent it gets pulled and disposed of.

MSM is a very strong, highly penetrative detox/cleanse/chelating agent.  It will pick up anything your previous detoxing has left behind. 

However, if you have been using detox food and drinks and/or supplements for a long time, then they should have not left anything for the MSM to release, and you are free and clear.

Jo

This is true Jo… I am thankful that as a child of the 60's, I shied away from, um, chemical recreation. I've heard that those chemicals can be released causing some unusual symptoms…

I'm sure that the detox issue is varied for exactly the reasons that you have stated and why the remedy or at least the relief is bathing in hot water and peroxide/epsom salts etc in order to sweat the stuff out.

For whatever reason, my detoxing almost always in mainifested in skin issues. I will breakout or have hive-like symptoms.

Herxing for me is the aching and joint pain, along with a general malaise and I experienced it when I started AP. My MSM reaction was independant from any AP program and was a stand alone remedy that I was trying prior to my RA getting worse, so I can pretty much attibute the rash that I received to detox. 

Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘ MSM results’ is closed to new replies.