Home Forums General Discussion MSM results

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

I wasn't going to post anything about this until way down the road a bit further, but for the last 7 days there has been such a huge difference in my inflammation/pain levels, that I couldn't help myself in the event, that it could be of some help to others. :blush:

I have been taking MSM since 20th 0ct, slowly increasing till now I am up to 25,500mgs (wow thats a lot of tablets), but I do it, and its been worth every tablet I force down. I can't believe the difference in my pain, I still have damage pain in my wrists of course, but have gone from wearing splints to bed, working and dancing to nil! :blush:. I first noticed last Wed. when I had carried a shopping bag in each hand around for a while without having to give them to my daughter and it suddenly dawned on me, “I have no pain”.

I have lived with constant debilitating pain for the last 4 years and you all know how that can effect you, so it was like why?, where is the pain, is that how it happens?.

I think it is a combination of a lot of things, Abx, diet, but I really think MSM has worked wonders for me, I am not there yet, but I am certainly on the right road. I hope I haven't jinxed myself posting too soon, but if so, I'm enjoying every minute of it

Thanks Jo……………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Kim
    Participant

That's awesome, Annie!  Dancing too?  That's way better than just OK. :blush:

tbird2340
    Participant

That is awesome Annie! I'm up to 15,000, haven't notice anything yet but will continue knowing you have at 25,000.

Can you post your results here as well: http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1664&forum_id=1

Thanks and congrats!

davew
    Participant

That's awesome Annie!

Seems to me that it takes about that much to feel any change. I am at 28K and have major improvements. There is quite a bit of damage so I doubt I will ever be painfree, but functional is very good…:)

I still take an NSAID occasionally but for the most part am grateful to be where I am. My plan is to bump up to 32K or so and see how I do with that. MSM is a great thing. It also helps with gastric issues that seems to plague most of us.

Have you considered taking the powder or flake form? I find it much easier to just mix a glass of it up and be done with it for the day…. That is a lot of pills..

I doubt that you have jinxed yourself and you seem well aware that bumps in the road are bound to occur. So, enjoy the relief and keep on getting “weller”! :dude:

Jo
    Participant
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Wow, I can't seem to take MSM or maybe I just NEVER tried this much.  A friend who is a nurse said one of her patients once told her he takes 30K per day and his health is great.  Ummmm..

davew
    Participant

Hi jam…

The key is the slow buildup to larger amounts and then taper off if needed. I went to fast the first time I tried it a few years ago and detoxed way to rapidly. It wasn't fun…

Slowing increase amounts and monitor detox until the desired results are achieved. It really has had a profound effect on the amount of pain I experience. I am not trying to spam the board, but the website that has helped me learn about how to use msm is http://www.msm-msm.com. They have a bulletin board with many answers. Other sites that Jo has mentioned in some of her posts are good as well, but that is my normal go-to site for info.

Best to you…

Dave

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thanks guys for your posts, I loved reading them all :blush:.

Tbird, yes I will post on that thread, silly me forgot all about it, hopefully the MSM will help my memory too! 😯

Jo, I have you to thank for this supp., I was going to stop at 18,000mgs, but you were adamant I keep going until the pain /inflammation was gone, you were certainly right, I cannot believe the difference in just a few mgs. I can't really explain the feeling but all I know is that I cleaned all day Sat, and danced all Sat night and felt totally wonderfully exhausted when I fell into bed!

Dave, I have just ordered my next 17 bottles of tablets from the states, as I am a bit nervous to change anything at the moment, but I am looking into getting powder next time from here in Aussie as the freight from the states is very high and also taking that many tablets sometimes makes me gag :sick:. Its good to know someone else is also on even larger amounts, so I know I can increase if I have to without any concern, as I was in the beginning. I know what you mean about the damage, I have quite a bit in my wrists only, and still take celebrex, mtx and pred but only small amts, which I will eventually wean off, but I love being able to do my weighttraining again without getting upset with the pain.

P.S. love that link you posted :blush:

Jam, as Dave said, maybe give it another go and start really slow this time.

Good health to you all and keep MSMing……….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Just perhaps since I don't have RA, OA and other myofascial stuff,  the MSM isn't needed in my body.

When it first hit the market here years ago I was on it pretty steady and then I got off for some reason.  Maybe I was trying to take away some supps I take and MSM was one of them.

I've gotten into muscle testing and pendulum dowsing and when I test for getting back on it I get a NO…even with mega doses.  So I think I'll not venture into MSM but so happy to hear others are doing good.

I don't deal with pain per se, aches aches and lots of stiffness. 

Can get thru the day with aspirin.  Today I took only white willow bark and it was a damp foggy day and I really hurt today.   

Parisa
    Participant

What brand(s) are you all using?  Does it matter?

davew
    Participant

I have used Lignisul and currently use OptiMSM. I cannot tell the difference. They are both made in the the States and as far as I know are the only two brands manufactured here. Both are available in bulk, capsule and powder/flake form.

Since those are the only two brands that I have tried, I can't make any other comparisons and hope someone else (Jo :)) will chime in. Annie is an MSM user as well and I hope she hops in here as well….

I am not sure if it matters brand to brand. I selected Opti based on three factors. Purity, manufacturing location and price. The service that i get from my supplier factors in a bit as well.

Best to you…

Dave

Parisa
    Participant

Thanks Dave. 

If you use the flakes how are you measuring your amount?  Are you weighing it or increasing it a tsp at a time?

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

What brand(s) are you all using?  Does it matter?

Hi Parisa, Jo put me on to this site, and it is quite cheap except the postage to Aussie puts the price up. As Dave said you have to look for purity as some countries put fillers in. I do think if you can take it in powder form its much better, which I will try to do a bit later on. I don't know about the flakes, but whatever you do take it slow as it can have a detox effect as well…….good luck……

http://www.puritanspride.com/

item #  011732

……………Annie

davew
    Participant

Hi Parisa….

The instructions on the packaging and the website are to “start with 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon per day. (1/8 tsp=1mg) Gradually work up to 6 to 8 teaspoons per day. Allow 3 or more days between increases to check for detox symptoms.” If you don't experience anything too severe, increase slowly, never more than 1/2 tsp at a time. I made the mistake of increasing too rapidly in the past and experienced severe hive like symptoms and stopped. I should have just backed off and continued, but I was impatient…;)

I just measure out my dosage and mix into a small glass of hot water. Hot water helps dissolve the MSM more rapidly. Chug it down and then I am off to work each day. By hot water I mean “tap water” hot, not “heated on the stove” kinda hot….

Best to you….

Dave

Parisa
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Dave and Annie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘ MSM results’ is closed to new replies.