Home Forums General Discussion morphea question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    isobelle44
    Participant

I have been dx with morphea, but just noticed a few tangleisitis (how ever you spell it).  Can Morphea include those red spots?  Thanks Sharon

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Isobelle, I have morphea and do have a few of the little red spots on my face. They have been there for years so I just put a little extra make-up on them. Easy to cover up. Go with the flow.  booboo 😀

isobelle44
    Participant

Hi Booboo,   Thanks for your comment.  It seems when i read about morphea, there isnt much that they say as to what it can cause.  Just it is self limiting.  Which makes me think when my legs hurt or i have a bloated feeling, etc that my doctors missed something and i really have systemic or diffused.  Can i ask you how long you have had morphea and what other symptoms have you experienced?  I sure would appreciate any information.  Thanks, Sharon

[user=59]booboo[/user] wrote:

Hi Isobelle, I have morphea and do have a few of the little red spots on my face. They have been there for years so I just put a little extra make-up on them. Easy to cover up. Go with the flow.  booboo 😀

Anonymous
    Participant

Hello again Isobelle,

I have had morphea for about 13 years. I do remember early on having fatique, joint and muscle pain, along with indigestion and depression. 75% of my body was discolored and hard. All those symptoms slowly ran their course and after about two to three years mostly disappeared. I am an older worman  (74) and do have the usual arthritis in my joints as most people here in the northwest do. Please be reassured morphea is the mildest form of SD and you can live a normal life according to the many doctors I have been to. I was scared when I was first diagnosed because I knew absolutely zip about  morphea SD. Read, read, read, all you can find on the subject. Just type Morphea Scleroderma in your search engine and you will be surprised as to the number of articles that come up.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Ask away!  booboo

isobelle44
    Participant

OHHH thank you Booboo,  Did you notice any slightly swollen fingers, i have 3, Theyre not curved or hard just slightly swollen also my forhead feels tighter, swollen alittle maybe.  I have noticed my finger tips feeling the cold more this year, i dont know if it is because we have had alot of snow and not as mild as it has been for the past few years.  Im from wisconsin and the winters have not been as bad in the past i would say at least 5 years.  Also this year im out more then i was so maybe thats why i feel it is a worst winter to.  This morning i woke up to a half eyebrow.  I wonder if its from the morphea or could it be the cream (dovonex) im using?  I have had 2 biopsys that came back as morphea.  But then i read that biopsys dont tell the difference from morphea and systemic skin involvement.  So that was only slightly conforting.  My dermatologist is great.  He has spent the last 9 months so patiently listening to my worries.  I love the guy.  He sent me to mayo to try the uva1 treatments and the dermatologist told me it was generalized morphea to.  I guess i just didnt expect any other little bothersomes.  I live almost alone (i have a special needs son we adopted and my husband passed away 12 years ago) and dont know how i could handle the other kinds of scleroderma.  That worries me i think the most.  The uncertainty of it.  But i must just relax and let it be what it is.  I like someones little message at the end of their page on here that says it is what it is.  Thanks Booboo.  Sharon

Anonymous
    Participant

Good morning Sharon,

After reading your last post, I find myself very concerned and puzzled. Were you told by the doctor who prescribed Dovenex for you to put it on your face? I know a bit about this med as my husband, who has psoriasis, has been using this ointment for many years and was told not to put it on his face and not to use it for extended periods of time. Did you read the information about this medication? Check with your druggist to make sure I am giving your the right dope.

Warm regards, booboo

isobelle44
    Participant

Hi Booboo, i was alittle concerned about that to because i saw that in the little paper that you get with the med.  But they did tell me to put it on my face only in the one area cause i have some thickened skin there.  I did call my pharmacy today and asked about time limit on this and she knows me and what i have, she told me that its different with different diseases.  That my case could be used longer.  I dont intend to be on it long, maybe till the end of april. my next mayo appt.  But thank you, I didnt know the time limit thing. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ morphea question’ is closed to new replies.