Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline-Vitamin B 12

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    Participant

I read the other day that taking Tetracycline, which minocycline is, over a long period of time can deplete your Vitamin B12. Has anyone else come across this information. It was on the “Peoples Pharmacy website” I think I might get my B 12 checked because I’ve been on Minocycline MWF for over 8 years.

Anonymous
    Participant

Researchers now consider B12 deficiency to be a common global problem. One reason is due to the use of medications that inhibit B12 absorption in the body. These medications include: acid -blocking drugs, diabetic medications, cholesterol-lowering medications, seizure medications and nicotine. /from the book ” Vitamin B12 for health” by David Brownstein/
    I don’t know anything if Mino can cause it as well. Have you checked your level of B12? Is your iron low?
    Linda L.

Rose
    Participant

Linda, I do also take Lipitor every other day and a prevacid twice a week. So even more reason to get my Vit B12 checked I think. One of the symptoms of low B 12 is thinning hair which I’ve had now for several months. As for Iron I don’t take any iron in my vitamins because of my age which is in the 70’s it can cause older people to build it up and then be toxic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.