Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline-Teva

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    Participant

My Pharmacist changed my Minocycline brand from Watson to Teva. I wonder whether this is the reason I am having some slight flair up.

vinny
    Participant

I have been on a lot of generics since 2008 and never did well on Teva. Randbaxy was always the best, but doing very good on Watson for the last year. I would get back to Watson if you can.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rose,

How long have you been taking the Teva mino?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Rose
    Participant

Phil, about a week and a half, MWF.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rose,

If Teva were a weaker generic, you most likely would not have noticed a difference in such a short period of time. What I suspect is that the Teva mino you are taking now is actually stronger than the Watson generic you were taking previously. If I am correct, then the slight flare up that you are experiencing may be the result of die-off reactions.

By the way, I’ve taken Teva mino, and it did not seem weak to me. However, I avoid Teva mino because it doesn’t agree with me — I seem to be allergic to one of the ingredients (probably one of the red dyes).

How long have you been on mino, and how much are you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Rose
    Participant

Phil, I have been on Minocin first,for six yrs.then generic for at least two and half years now. It worked for me. Took about a year and half for my RA aches and pains to completely disappear, and have taken it since then MWF, 100mg. At the beginning it was everyday for a half of year. Would hate to have to start over. Of course the brand name Minocin was the one they put me into a remission. Had to buy it through Canada a couple years ago but that fell through also and then went on the Watson generic which also seemed to work. I will give the Teva a few more weeks and see what happens. Thank you for your input. Rose

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.